Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 mustang coupe with a 289. i have factory AC vents in the dash but thats it (the previous owner pulled the rest of the AC system out for some odd reason). I rode around all last summer with no AC AND the Vinyl seats in the hot Southern Cali sun and i dont plan on doing it again this summer. so how much would it cost to get the rest of the system? is it difficult to install? if so how much should i expect to pay to have it installed? I have seen the daily driver AC kit that bolts under the dash for around $800 i think would this be a better deal? i would like to stay with the in-dash setup but i might be better of going the other route. any help?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would look for a good donor car, cougars from 67-68 should have same pieces as well.Hopefully some of the stuff underhood is still in place on your car.I would think most of the parts you are going to get are going to be good for cores only, unless you find a recent wreck.The biggest piece to get would be the underdash box, did previous owner leave this intact with duct work? If he did, then most of what you are missing would just be the engine pieces, which can be had from various 289/302 applications, alot of the hoses and evaporator core and stuff like that is available repo.I think there is a company called Classic Auto Air which sells alot of the stuff out of Florida I think.

1967 S code GT Deluxe Coupe 65B
1966 Convertible 76B 289 4 speed
1964 Fairlane 500 2DR HT-the new project
1986 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 the "beater"
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1573428&a=11959254&p=43023698.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually have my entire factory AC unit out of my car: condenser, compressor, hoses, and under dash unit. The Prev owner took it all out and I am contemplating putting it back in someday but not until I'm totally done working under the hood (which may never arrive). I wasn't planning on selling it, but if you want to buy it, give me an offer and we'll see.... email [email protected]

Jay
1965 Pre-GT Fastback, A-code, C4 trans.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts