Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry to have to ask this question , as I know it has been asked so many times , but I did a search and found nothing to help me .
so Here goes.
I just came across a 64 -65 6 cyl coupe , it is in great shape , the sun has done it's job on the paint and interior but I think most of the vinyl can be salvaged as it is not ripped only faded some what.
The car is a Tenn car , sold metal , lite surface rust in places but solid frame , quarters and doors .
It needs a Paint job and some loving care.
This car came directly from tenn and sat in mich outside for the last 4 yrs , the guy was asking $4500. but I offered him $3000. .
Did I offer to much ? :eek:

By the way the car runs but needs brakes and tune up.

·
Registered
890 Posts
If you really want a 6 banger, 3 grand would be a fair price. For a few more thou, a 289 can be purchased at about the same condition.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well this is mostly a project car for my son who doesn't care about anything but the fact that it's a mustang.
besides he has a lead foot and this will be safer for him.

·
Registered
890 Posts
You are a smart thinking Daddy. I bought my son a Ford F-150 when he was in high school. They are going to have a wreck no matter what, so why not put some steel around them to protect them? The 6 banger is a strong engine, and relatively trouble free. Go for it!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
$3000 isn't bad but if kids are going to drive it it should have upgraded brakes. V8 drums are marginal at best and 6cyl. are worse. A upgrade to v8 or disc brakes surely would be in order for this car. Gary

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Gary , Thanks for the insite regarding the brakes , thats the one thing I'll insist on from the Boy !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts