Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be looking at a 68 Mustang Coupe,

It is a V8, automatic car, not certain which engine yet. It has T/S hood, A/C, Power Steering, Power Disk Brakes, Tilt Wheel, Overhead Console. Not certain on rust yet, but if any, probably not much from what I've seen so far. The car hasn't ran for a while, but was driven to it's resting place. The body and interior is in fair shape but needs redoing as it has set for a while. It is 98% complete.

Whatcha think is a fair offer?

·
Registered
625 Posts
If it is like the car you talked about just a few days ago, it is not how much we think it is worth but how much does SWMBO think it is worth. Would this make #24? You have a very understanding wife if you got past 3 or 4. I am sure you can convince her you can turn a profit soon from it. By the way, I compared the doors I got from you with the ones on my Midwest Iron Oxide Special. No comparison. Thanks again.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Engine aside, i would consider that a good find. Tilt wheel, AC, o/h console AND power Disks!

With little or no rust, maybe needing some paint and a fair interior I would pay up to $3,000 (if it had a 289 which would be most common, maybe another $500 if it were a Big block 390)

Thats said, it IS a coupe (although i really dont want to 'go there') it cant be worth more than $6k, either way.

Good luck,

Gary

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Doug, only due to your long standing membership within the VMF can I share with you this sage, all-encompassing answer-- They say it's worth about this much, plus or minus such-in-such. Such is the way of the marketplace. On the other hand, different sources are quoted as saying that much and not much more. It all depends whether you live in here or out there; much less in between. If you can't find them where they're not, shipping from where they are costs about what what it takes to get one. They're not overly rare, but you hardly ever see one, and only a few can honestly say they've owned one. I touched one once and never washed the hand again. There was a great to-do about them not long ago. It was a time of perscribed drugs that worked about as well as they do. Many of the over-the-counter stuff didn't work as well, but the under-the-counter items worked all too well, settling on an all time low level in the pharmacutical market. When in doubt, you can call them; there's a tremendous amount available data which they don't take into account and you have to dig for with different sources.

In counter- Do you have... a deep seated wish to live as a bachelor?... to overwhelm the vicarious experience in others of finding a really, really good deal?... to die with the most toys?... to see your children grow up through brief personal experiences while living under another roof?... to read the latest post of how your "hobby" has impacted your maritial relationship?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Whizco, I thought you were already in hot water over the Cougar you bought 2 weeks ago.

What will SWMBO think if you buy another car - #24???? /forums/images/icons/mad.gif / /forums/images/icons/smile.gif / /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif / /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif / /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Keep yourself outta hot water with SWMBO and just offer him $$ for the turn signal hood.....That's what you want anyway, right ? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Dickson

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Gee Tom....don't think I've ever heard it explained quite so well? Your reasoning must be commended..... now step away from that open can of seam sealer and count how many fingers I'm holding up! "G"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts