Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1969 Mustang that has been in my family since it was purchased brand new. It is of no use to me or my husband any more and we would like to sell it. Can anyone suggest a good site or source for me to try to determine a starting asking price? Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lime Gold. 68,000 miles. All original, has not been modified. No rust. Few dings and scrapes here and there. Coupe. 351 Windsor, 3 speed on floor. Not good enough to take right out and show, but too good to be a project.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once you figure it out, let me know. I'm only a stones throw away and would be glad to give it a good home.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Lime Gold. 68,000 miles. All original, has not been modified. No rust. Few dings and scrapes here and there. Coupe. 351 Windsor, 3 speed on floor. Not good enough to take right out and show, but too good to be a project.

coupe? fastback? power steering? power brakes? A/C? any other options? VIN? :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As stated previously, it is a coupe, no power anywhere except under the hood. It has a 351 Windsor, 3 speed on the floor. No power brakes, steering, windows, no a/c either. :(

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
In Misery eh? Yeah, I spent two of the worst years of my life in Cape Girardeau. Well anyways, Coupe cars do not demand as much money, but you can always go down in price. Start with 7k and go down 500 every week it doesn't sell.

James

·
Registered
938 Posts
4-5k..Scrapes and dings take it way down. Fogure few nicks , split seams in seats and drivers shot. Got any drips from engine/ trans. Needs tires, got matching hubcaps or styles wheels? Probably hubcaps since it has no options. glas haave any chips, cracks, winshield wiper marks. Dsah pad in those cars are notoriously cracked badly. More than one will bring price down sharply. cut up interior panels for some sort of sound system? Headliner have splits, sagging? No mention of rust..one these cars that's the keyest item..any "bubbles at bottom front corners of doors or any of the lower panels?. It doesn't take much of that kind of wear and tear and RUST to make the selling price what will appear as "low" to you all. Hadn't mentioned the famous "cowl leak" problem. Carpet will be shot in drivers area and floors will be soft.
Put in the Classic car section of your local major city paper at 5k and see what happens...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New Hoosier GT's with less than 4,000 miles; 4 matching hubcaps that came with the car; no cracks, chips, or wiper marks on glass; dash pad is fine; speakers have been installed in front doors and back dash; headliner is fine; rust was mentioned, because there is none ; don't know what a "cowl leak" is, but carpet on driver's side is fine, and floors are not soft.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts