Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't want to make another "how much is it worth posts"...but I'm trying to help a friend out selling his stang /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Basically its a '69 Coupe, primered, mint interior, new rims/tires, freshly rebuilt 302 which he put over $3500 in to, and other work.
I know the '69 coupe isn't the most desirable year, but he wants $7000 for it /forums/images/icons/blush.gif
So what do you think, whats a good price range?

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
$7K is too high, IMHO, for a '69 coupe unless it's completely finished. Your post doesn't mention whether it's a well-optioned coupe or something less common like a Grande. That would raise the value, but for an unfinished plain-jane coupe, $5-6K is max and that assumes the body work has been done well so that only paint remains.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I agree, 3-4K tops. Unfinished projects that are not special ( k code, boss, Shelby...) are not worth very much. Plus the 69 and later year coupes do not have much of a following.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I've seen complete ones sell for $4500 to $6500. A primered one would be between $2000 to $4000. He might be better off parting it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts