Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on this forum much, and it seems like there are 2 kinds of people here; those who sign up for a question, post a couple times and never heard from again, and those who are the die-hards spending seemingly hours online (and apparently get together in person as well).

I ask a question now and then and would like to put in an effort to answer questions, but since I don't get on much, by the time I see a question I can answer, it's already been answered 3 ways from Sunday.

So...what I'd like to know is how much time are you die-hard, bug-eyed, keyboard-stroking, PC worshiping folks spend on the forum a day? :p

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
My work PC is on the VMF 10/11 hours a day :p
Then I might hop on for a few minutes at home, or drop in the chat room. ;)
Although it seems like there`s been no one there lately.. :(

·
Registered
21,007 Posts
I've been on a lot less lately due do several reasons. Mostly been super busy at work and home. I have my 30th HS reunion comming up and one of my classmates has set up a web site...so, I've been there catching up on 30 years of gossip.

In addition, I'm getting tired of seeing the same type of questions popping up. I realize to newbies, these questions are exciting...but I've scene them soooo many times. I also miss some of the guys who no longer hang out here. I've also become very interested in suspension tech and not too many if anybody has the knowlege I'm looking for on this forum for that subject. I miss "opentracker".

I've been lurking on "corner-carvers" lately. It's been interesting. Yeah, I realize that I'm the newbie there and it's all intersting to me but probably boring to them. Right off the bat, I've learned how much a solid bushing in the front of the rear leaf springs can effect handling. Amazing.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
use to be alot more but i'm spending about an hour a day

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Weekdays from 7 to 4, I'm a full time/day time vmf'r.

I don't mind the reposts, repatation is one way to keep this stuff "fresh", in my old (dead head), head.

who thinks they may have a gnob in the basement ? :p

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I'm hit and miss anymore.

I used to be here 8 hours a day...but got a little tired of all the "What's it Worth Posts" or "V-8 Swap questions" So I took a little break. I'm going to make a comeback

And yes...I'll catch up on Doofus of the Month...hehe

Slade

·
Registered
546 Posts
Way too much. I work at home (advertising/marketing communications) and except for trips to customers and suppliers, I HAVE NO ONE TO TALK TO!! This is hard on a very social person. I don't post much, because I have little to add to the on-topic posts, and I try to avoid looking like an idiot most of the time.

Still, this is like a great big electronic water cooler in my office, or maybe more like the corner store/restaurant of my childhood where you just hung out on those stools, sipping a Coke and shooting the breeze. (Apologies to those pragmatic souls who want this to be a Mustang tech or serious car question-only place - I think VMF is a lot of things to a lot of people, and that's okay by me.)

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Not nearly as much as I used to. Several reasons for that I suppose. I've branched out to other forums to see how the poor people live. I found some really neat features that could improve VMF, and I've passed them along to management . I believe more and more "regulars" are looking for change. What worked with several hundred users just isn't as good when you have several thousand.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I used to be here 8 hours a day but feel the same as Huskihano and Ember that things have changed so much around here that I've branched out to different forums. With over 7400 users, there are waaaaay too many "junk" posts here for this one section to be effective anymore. Then you have idiots like NoLookingBack that make it worse and complaining to management falls on a deaf ear or your told to stop being a "little girl". That right there will lose you respect in a heartbeat. I still check in and answer some things if I can but as far as being a "regular", I've moved that elsewhere.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
comes and goes. Some regulars move on to other forums and new folks come behind and pick up the posting slack....when one follows the "dont click on the posts you dont care for" advice and that knocks out 80% of a day's production, its time to move on and establish basecamp elsewhere ;)

K

·
0 Posts
I'm on at work every day. I read, laugh, learn, raz' and very rarely offer advice (I man has to know his limitations ::). I've met many VMFers and try to get a whole state together for a cruise. :: I agree, disagree and sometimes want to yell at certain posts but then think better of it. Name calling on the forum is a waste of time. Just the other day I was called a 'brainiac' because I offered up a search find that the poster didn't find. I took offense at the name calling but did not respond. It wasn't worth it. ::

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'm usually here for a couple of hours throughout the day. I ask my questions when I need to, read most of the post to learn the answers to the questions I may ask, and try to give my input when I can. Most of the time the answer that I may give has already been posted, so I move on. Seems that there are some people that are always here and get the answers out very quickly. When I need help on something, I can ususally have several answers within 10 - 30 minutes. This has been a great forum for me.

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
About 20 minutes a day. I find it to be kinda a living breathing thing, so I try to keep up with what's going on. I don't post much, but do respond when I can. I generally stay out of the banter.
Dave

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I appreciate all the candid responses. I suppose I've been lurking around long enough to see how repeat questions get old and the growing pains of the forum, but despite all that,I believe it is a great forum with many knowledgable people. Which is why I have yet to become part of any other forums.

Even tough you guys are most likely very tired of the repeat questions, your advice mean a lot to those of us who have limited knowledge and/or are working on their first Mustang. You can kind of think of it as a Mustang "big brother" volunteer or public service effort. You keep the tradition going and help people stay the course.

So for all those guys with insane amounts of posts who have helped newbies like me, I just want to say thanks.

·
Administrator
19,493 Posts
My computer is online all day, so I check in frequently at work. In the evenings, I'll check in several times, also.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Well I am online reading this forum all the time. I have met and made great friends from this forum.

I dunno people outside of the VMF this it's wierd but I really enjoy it.

It's wierd I came up on this forum by accident 2 years ago and now I am addicted to it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts