Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would any/all of you please tell me what is the top dollar you have seen a restored 1969 Mach I sell for? Pretty basic car - 351 4v/290hp, 4-spd., ps, pb. but immaculate.

I have an offer for mine of $35,000 but appraiser yesterday told me it was worth $40,000 - $45,000.

I am REALLY having mixed emotions about selling it but think I may be getting all it's worth at $35,000.

REALLY WOULD APPRECIATE SOME OF YOUR INPUT.:shrug:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Would any/all of you please tell me what is the top dollar you have seen a restored 1969 Mach I sell for? Pretty basic car - 351 4v/290hp, 4-spd., ps, pb. but immaculate.

I have an offer for mine of $35,000 but appraiser yesterday told me it was worth $40,000 - $45,000.

I am REALLY having mixed emotions about selling it but think I may be getting all it's worth at $35,000.

REALLY WOULD APPRECIATE SOME OF YOUR INPUT.:shrug:
In many cases an appraiser that you hire is acting in your best interests in appraising a car for insurance purposes. In that regard if it is stolen you are not out of pocket a single dime and actually may be ahead of what the market would bare should you chose to sell it. If an appraiser submitted you a low value on your stang would you recommend him/her to anyone else? - not likely. However, if you were looking for a car would you offer the asking price - ever? - unless it was a ridiculous deal. Maybe the actual market value of your car is just north of 35 and just south of 40 thou.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In many cases an appraiser that you hire is acting in your best interests in appraising a car for insurance purposes. In that regard if it is stolen you are not out of pocket a single dime and actually may be ahead of what the market would bare should you chose to sell it. If an appraiser submitted you a low value on your stang would you recommend him/her to anyone else? - not likely. However, if you were looking for a car would you offer the asking price - ever? - unless it was a ridiculous deal. Maybe the actual market value of your car is just north of 35 and just south of 40 thou.

I understand about appraisals - this appraiser was hired by the buyer and therefore I would expect him to come in a little low. Maybe I'm wrong. Just can't get that "good feeling" about selling this car for $35,000, while at the same time, I haven't seen many "basic" Mach I's go for much more than this. Trying to justify selling it in my head and so far just haven't reached that point.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
How about this: Miles? unusually low?, has the car been restored or is it original? Are you the first, second or tenth owner? Any Concours wins with the AACA or MCA? did your dad or grand dad own it? is it a former race car? Even if it's immaculate, does it have an ungly color combo?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts