Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If it wasnt for their engine kits, I swear their prices would drive them out of business...

In my PAW catalog, a set of bolt down roller rockers for 429/460/351C/351M/400 (made by FMS) is 298

I called jegs....250 bucks...48 dollar difference (and a special order...I've got time)

The one thing I wonder about is if the crane energizer 1.7 ratio pedestal roller rockers (meant for 302/351's) would work on my cleveland....if their pivot to pushrod cup distance is the same, I could make them work

The crane rockers are 80 bucks less!!

Maybe I'll pull one of the rockers off my 5.0 and take a gander......I'll laugh if it has the right dimension!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey, let us know how that works out. I'm sure a bunch of us 351C guys would like another way to add rolers to our Clevlands.
JH

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Take a look at this....especially note the applications for the conversion...

This is something I'd be interested in knowing about as well...if you find anything further out on this subject, contact me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Yup, in '77 they started using the 335/385 series rocker on all Windsor series engines. Yes, the part numbers for the rockers and fulcrums are the same and will interchange all the way up through the end of the 5.0 and 351W. I can't remember which year but they also went to these on the 300 6 cyl in the '80's and those too are the same part number. Also, the ones on the 3.8 L V6 are the same, though I beleive they use a different fulcrum.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have the stud conversion kit mounted on my GT-40P heads with Energizer roller rockers. Works great. No problems to this point.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont want to run the conversion.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts