Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father lucked out big time. He had a friend who was selling a 69 mach 1. well my dad, having grown up with mucle cars had to look. I of course went with him. WEll we got there and saw it sitting there. It was beautiful. After some looking we decided it needed two patches on the doors (what mustang doesnt) a new right rear quarter panel and that was it. The interior had already been completely restored minus a dash pad and head liner. It had the original 351W w/ Fmx tranny. Well my dad asked his friend how much, expecting a few grand. We were shocked when he replied $750. My dad said Be right back. In about an hour after a trip to the bank. we were pulling home a 69 mach 1. Once we got it home my dad put a carburator rebuild kit on it and VROOM. She started right up. We went to put her in gear and nothing happened. Tranny was fried oh well. We still got a hell of a deal. That was about 3 years ago. since then I have got my self a 64 mustang that Im restomodding. and dad is fixing to take the car and have it completely restored.

Oops I guess I went out there on a tangent didnt I, well my original question was how rare is the tilt-away colum in a 69 mach 1? We have never seen it in any of the ones we have seen. Its really cool though. My dad said its like the ones Ford put in the Thunderbirds. Anyone know?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts