Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have and old F-100 pickup that I keep parked at the end of the driveway. I've noticed that I get bird poop on on both doors. My wife says she sees bird sitting on the door edges all the time. I guess they must be admiring themselves in the mirror.

I guess I'm going to have to cover them up-only thing I can think to do.

J. Boggs

G

·
0 Posts
If that doesn't work, get a BB gun and hope that you are a really good shot!!!
Dan

G

·
0 Posts
I had an old 69 chevy pickup which had this very same problem. Seems like I had some very self-conscious birds in the neighborhood.

What I did was go to the hardware store and picked up some very fine "wire-weave" (I think this is what it was called...). Looks like a strand of fine gauge barbed wire which I hotmelted a 6" strand on the top of each mirror. You'll see versions of this same stuff used on hotels and office buildings where they do not want birds to perch.

Anyhow, it did the trick...the birds never landed on the mirror any longer. You hardly see the wire and I was surprised it stayed on as long as it did through snow, rain, driving speed and car washes.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did what any true GA redneck would do-I found an old pair of flip flops with velcrow straps on them, wrapped it around the mirror so it covered it up, and hooked up the velcrow. I don't think I'll have that problem any more. Looks pretty cool too, matching flip-flops instead of mirrors. Wonder if Walmart might could sell some of those? Call em' "Ear Flops" or something like that.

I'm sure there are millions of us that suffer in silence. Now there is relief.

J. Boggs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts