Vintage Mustang Forums banner

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
As the person who originated this thread, I am hereby officially sorry I brought it up. It started as an innocent question, apparently got someones attention and as a result, changes were enforced that affect everyone.

Kelly - sorry I won't see your repair flowchart anymore. To any number of individuals who had awesome engine pics, I'm sorry as well. And most of all to everyone who uses their sig pic as an update status (i.e. changes their pic as progress is made).

I'm going out to the garage now. Guess I'll have to look at my own Mustang!

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Relax Frank....this ball was rolling before you posted.

Anyway I spoke with the admin last night and had some changes put in

Sig limits are now:

500 by 250 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)...so using my old sig as a reference point....

The image with the black box represents the old max size in the software and the additional grey box adds in what the new max size footprint is

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Mine is now set at the max size for reference. Thanks for getting things all cleared up. It sucks that some people got that pissed due to something like this but you can't please everybody all the time I guess. It's nice now to just have standard easy way to get it to work, as it's supposed to and it's "equal" for everyone.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Cool beans, thanks! :)

·
Registered
900 Posts
my sig file was fine until recently and now doesnt work--

i see IMG has been stopped-- maybe they should have sent an email or made a sticky ..

either way today i resized my sig pic in PS to x1000-- didnt work then tried to 500 x250 still wont load (yet it shows on my sig file page - but NOT in preview)

so i then 'saved for web" in PS to a 14k file less than the 19.5 max- still wont show up

what am i doing wrong?

do i have to delete the link for cardomain to make the sig pic work now?

·
Registered
433 Posts
my sig file was fine until recently and now doesnt work--

i see IMG has been stopped-- maybe they should have sent an email or made a sticky ..

either way today i resized my sig pic in PS to x1000-- didnt work then tried to 500 x250 still wont load (yet it shows on my sig file page - but NOT in preview)

so i then 'saved for web" in PS to a 14k file less than the 19.5 max- still wont show up

what am i doing wrong?

do i have to delete the link for cardomain to make the sig pic work now?

Click insert signature picture

·
Registered
900 Posts
there is no "insert picture" to select--

i have "browse"
then select-
its shows my image in the bottom screen--

then the bottom there are 2 buttons-- save sig-- preview sig.. thats it

i have clicked save and preview-- my pic shows as saved but it wont preview

·
Registered
900 Posts
where yours says "insert sig pic" mine has a square check box -- with "delete current image"

i have a screen shot but i would have to upload that pic to my webpage just to show it here .. ugh

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
where yours says "insert sig pic" mine has a square check box -- with "delete current image"

i have a screen shot but i would have to upload that pic to my webpage just to show it here .. ugh
thats strange...

copy and paste this line in:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and that should get it working.

·
Registered
900 Posts
that fixed it-- i knew it wasnt me _ im not a computer retard LOL.. but clik the "ANYKEY" and it will work

LOL

thanks

·
Registered
900 Posts
you have to already load the sig pic from the remote computer to your account-- and you should see it in the lower section of your sig creation page-- make sure you hit save--

then add the sig/sig text copied as shown--

here is my sig file from the user CP..

________________________+++++

64.5 vert rust free survivor :
Stacked EFI- Ford strokers 347
Hydroboost/ISIS/Coilovers
4 link rear w/17 x 9's
13" custom brakes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
68 survivor vert- rust free (still all stock)
65 FB and 68 FB waiting in the barn.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3363178

__________________________++++++

stangkid-- you should edit the first post to add "if you dont have a submit image link" i can email you my screen shot if you want -- its obvious there are many users who dont get the same UBB code when they load the USER CP edit sig page

81 - 100 of 120 Posts