Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. I bought a 64 and the owner installed a painless wiring harness and didn't hook up the wipers. There's a knob on the dash that I believe is just a dummy switch because when you turn it there is no clicks and the knob can be spun 360 degrees. The wiper motor is still in the car under the dash not wired up. I ordered a 2 speed wiper switch and want to add a 2 speed wiring harness rather than build my own and am hoping that 'll get me up and going but I should probably determine what wiper motor is in the car. How can you tell a 2 speed motor from a single speed?

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
^^^^^ What he/she said. I was just looking at a wiring diagram to see if there was a difference, and there definitely is. More wires on the two speed motor...if you can find one. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
now don't quote me on this, but i remember reading somewhere that you could use the bracket and two speed motor out of a 70's f series truck in place of the single speed.

then again, i could have dreamed the whole thing

·
Registered
35,855 Posts
Here's photos of the wiper motor arm. Just get the switch assembly and OEM style wiring harness to match the motor you have.

65-66 wiper switch wiring is part of the operating circuit of the wiper motor. A single power lead feeds either one or two speed.

Single-speed:

Two-speed:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts