Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting all my judging sheets and other notes together so I can prepare my coupe for the Grand National. I'll be starting the engine prep this weekend. It's funny, I had opened the hood and taken a look and was unhappy with a couple of things.

Then, last night, I was looking through my photo album of the coupe's progress over the years. I have a couple of pages of before and after pictures of the same part. Oh boy, I feel a whole lot better now about the car! It even amazes me what we've done over the last year in terms of improvements to turn a hard driven car into a true trailered concours example. Now if I can keep it that way for the next couple of years, I'll be all set. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Everybody needs before & after shots. Sometimes I feel the same way. But then I remember how my 66 looked when I bought it. And then I realize how much better it is today.
Hopefully I'll meet you in Charlotte!

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
The UPS guy just dropped off the missing peice to my engine hoist.....and asked "So did you get it running?"

sigh

Hard to feel good about it today.

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But how can you have before and after shots if you never stop?

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We'll have to try and arrange a meeting place and time again like we did in Pensacola. Have to get a VMF group photo!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
ye another free post

G

·
0 Posts
I got my 2nd mustang in January and I totally love it but being that I am a girl,21, with no immediate family member to help me I am finding it hard to feel good about my car when I can barely do anything to it w/o paying someone. Alot of things I try to do myself work just not the way I want it. Like I am going to take it to my first ever show and I was trying to clean the engine, it is cleaner but I still wouldn't eat off of it. Now I know it will all get done and that's all part of it but sometimes it's real frustrating and I get discouraged BUT I will never give up on my Mustang!

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you joined a local Mustang club? It's a great way to learn about your cars and get help. In our club here in Tucson, we're always working on each other's cars helping each other out. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts