Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My paint is a little more than a year old. It looks great, but I have read that I should have it buffed. I don't trust myself to do this job. What do I need done and where can I find someone in Central Florida that won't destroy my paint in the process? Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Best bet is to talk to the local car club members. There should be someone around that they go to and trust. Around here, some of the low riders know the best detail shops. What about taking it back to the painter? I do that with mine anytime I have any issue with the finish. Of course, there is always the problem of liability with any shop that does it. That's one reason I use the painter.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Can you post some good pictures of your paint? If you had it cut and buffed after the repaint and have maintained it well since then, you may not need it detailed. Fine scratches and swirls come from car covers, non-MF towels, a cheap wash sponge, etc... I recommend registering on this site(autopia.org) and asking if there are any local detailers. These guys are true enthusiasts who will ensure your car is finished perfectly. Some painters are good with the buffer, some not so good.
Grant

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The paint is one of the best things about my car. I remove swirl marks and fine scratches with ScratchX and then wax with Turtle Wax Ice. Maybe I should leave well enough alone?

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Ford_Crazy said:
The paint is one of the best things about my car. I remove swirl marks and fine scratches with ScratchX and then wax with Turtle Wax Ice. Maybe I should leave well enough alone?
Yep, I think I would let it be :eek: :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts