Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is any possibility to get as much informations as possible about the initial production state of my car without having the doorplate available (I think, the door was changed in the past).
The VIN is 6F09A350414 and it is made in Dearborn.
I'm interested in exterior/interior color, production date (I assume something about 12,13,14 May but I don't know it for sure). Actually I want to know everything about the car which can be found out.
I really would appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
Registered
586 Posts
You can on '67 and later, but not earlier MY's, unless you get super lucky and find the build sheet tucked up into the wiring harness under the dash (that's where I found mine).

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
You're correct about the date, but for paint colors you'll have to look in some out of the way places to find evidence of the original paint. For the exterior color, a good place to look is in the trunk on the bottom surface of the panel between the trunk lid and window. Once you have the exterior color figured out, that may narrow down the possible interior color options. For the interior color, you might check behind the door panels, inside the doors for overspray, etc.

This will work if your car wasn't stripped in the past.

Frank

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will check this when the car is back from the shop.

·
Registered
35,874 Posts
The scheduled build date, on the tag, can be interpolated from known dates in the Numbers book.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably a stupid question, but what is the Numbers book? Where can I find it?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
it is called 'mustang production guide' writtem by jim smart & jim haskell..........out of print.....but you might find one on e-bay. there were two versions....65-66 and 67-73... post your COMPLETE VIN and we'll be able to assist.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks, sorry I wanted to add the complete VIN. Don't know why I just put the number. I will also correct it in the first post:
6F09A350414

1 - 8 of 8 Posts