Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to fix my passenger side rear quarter window, it fell off the track. So I got all the crap out of the way and we're trying to pull the regulator and all the parts out to fix them and grease them and all that. But there is no room for it to come out. It looks like they would have enough room to come out the bottom hole in the shell but I can't get the right angle. Is there some kind of trick I haven't found out yet? It's a 66 coupe BTW.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Try rolling it up or down to change the shape of the regulator...

G

·
0 Posts
It's a pretty tight fit but will come out the bottom hole if as has been said you crank it to change
the shape a bit.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I took the rear windows out recently, and found out you need to take the regulator out prior to taking out the window or track frame. You need to remove both regulator attach points (by removing the clips that hold the plastic cylindrical piece in the track), one on the rear track frame and one on the window); that'll let you reposition the regulator arms so that the regulator can be removed through the lower hole. The window needs to sit in a shut position when the regulator is being removed, because of the crank ram depth.

The first window took me 2 hours to do; the second window took about 45 minutes. This is to remove everything, not just the regulator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts