Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got three power brake pedal supports and I'm only sure of the origins of one. A 73 stang I pulled it from. I've got two others that I was sold being told they were for a 69. Neither fit and I ended up using my original drum brake support and getting it to work just fine. Problem is I have these supports taking up space but don't want to misrepresent them when I sell them. Don't have the ability to take and post pics at the moment so was wondering if anyone knows where reliable pics could be found.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got one that matches up to that 69/70. But if I recall the under dash mounting plate wasn't the same. Which is why I went with drilling out the manual support. The other one I have has the same firewall mount but the underdash piece is wider and has two square nuts welded into a cage.
Working on some pics

I notice the seller notes that it's a 4/69-70 piece. Were they different prior to 4/69? My car is a late Nov of 68.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The link above shows a 69 pedal hanger bracket.

eBayers love to list them as 69/70. Caveat Emptor.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roger that Matt.

·
Registered
'69 Mustang coupe...331, Fox / Explorer EFI, TK3550, MDL, SoT, TCP, Fays2 Watts, 94-04 Cobra discs
492 Posts
me too me too...

roger from me too...

nate :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turns out its a 70 power brake support and a 69 power brake support. Thnx Matt

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Also the 69 and 70 power brake pedals are different... ANyone needs help IDing pedals or supports just email me a pic. I deal alot with them so I can easily tell what is what...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have 69 M1 changing drum to power disc, the pedal I bought a couple of years ago measures correct with the exception of an additional U shaped arm that appears to serve as a pedal stop, it will not allow the pedal to retract far enough connect the booster linkage I have seen both types of pedals shown for 69`s (with stop and without) need some advice I`m running out of hair Rod @ A.A. Engine
Also the 69 and 70 power brake pedals are different... ANyone needs help IDing pedals or supports just email me a pic. I deal alot with them so I can easily tell what is what...[/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts