Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im going to be completely stripping the car down and having it media blasted. My question is, how do I move it around when its completely stripped down to nothing? Getting it onto the trailer, off the trailer, and moving it around the shop. Should I put the basic suspension pieces so I can roll the car around? Not really sure how to do this lol.. Anyways, and ideas would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
A friend of mine put his car on a rotisserie and then loaded it on a trailer. I'm not real sure how he got it on the trailer, but the guy that blasted it loved not having to crawl under the car.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
I just stripped mine down & brought it to the sandlaster, what I did was left the rear & springs in, on the front, left the basic steering, upper/lower control arms & springs. told the blaster to get what he could, I would clean the rest up when i dismantle the old parts to install new.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
It is pretty easy to make a dolly to roll the car around on. I've seen just SQUARE made out of tubbing with casters at each corner. I also saw where a guy mounted casters to the leaf springs where the axle would usually bolt. I made my own two piece dollies, one for the front and one for the back. Not hard.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
if completely stripped it will be real lite and a furniture dolly and a rollaround jack is about all thats needed,you can slide it onto a trailer with 2x6s to slide on with two people then a few pillow to roll it on its side ect wes

·
Registered
195 Posts
Talk to the guys at your blasting company. They may have a tilt dolly that they use to tip cars to do the undersides. If so, you will want to leave the front and rear suspension onthe car. Our 68 is stripped down to the shell. We left the suspension on for portability and will be rebuilding it as the last phase of the project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts