Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace the simulated side scoop on the '68 but it looks like its gonna be hard to get to the nuts holding it on. The flat panel on the 1/4 window is blocking access to the nuts, but I can reach behind that to a couple of them, but seems like it would be hard to get any wrench/pliers in there. Any tips on what to do? I definitely don't want to remove the window assembly, but if I have to loose nit a little or whatever thats fine.

And for the rant: You know, when you spend $80-90 on two little pieces of plastic, you think they would be nice enough to include a couple 1/2 cent nuts to put the parts on with. But no! Now, what is up with that? They make you buy them separately, and thats only if they even sell them. So, what kind of nuts do I need to put these pieces on? It feels like they are the ones similar to those on the front grill moldings, the ones that kind of make the threads as they go.

Thanks for your help /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
0 Posts
You should have speed nuts on them. 3 to be exact. Quite easy to get off and on. You don't really need to use a wrench or anything to tighten them, unless you want them super, squishy tight on the quarters. I am not adding my side ornaments back on, people will steal them here in Topeekee. Hope some of this helps.

P.S. Grill nuts should be used on the quarter "scoops".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts