Vintage Mustang Forums banner

How to test a turn indicator switch?

393 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  oldpaint 
#1 ·
I'm finishing a C3 to T-5 conversion on my 65 six cylinder. I had lots of things disconnected and am now going through everything to get it working again. Everything worked before I started, tail lights converted to Vintage LEDs, electronic flasher, it all worked before I started, I have the Falcon dash and don't have emergency flashers. My turn signals don't work at all (no flashing and no steady on) and I would like to test my turn indicator switch. Any help is appreciated.

Gregg

#2 ·
First place I'd look is for power at the turn signal flasher. Typically you'll have SOMETHING happening at the switch, even if it's broken... Usually no indicator lights and no rear lamps equals no power at the flasher. Do you have brake lights? If so, that means the wiring from the turn signal switch to the rear lamps is okay. If you hold your foot on the brake and move the turn signal lever the lamp on the side selected should go out when there's no power at the flasher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.