Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am applying for a job in Vancouver WA which shouldn't be a big deal but I live in Houston. Now tell me that if the deal works out that at least a few weekends I can get the car out to drive and maybe some shows?? ::

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
It's been sunny and 80 degrees for weeks now! ::
Good luck, we can always use another great looking fastback out here! ::

·
Registered
332 Posts
I moved here from Lousiana in 91' and have not looked back. Worse case... July 4-Oct is usually nice. This has been a real nice summer so far. If it was as rainy as some say do you think I would have four convertibles?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
All the rain is in the winter time anyways. All the biggies (ever heard of a thing called Round-up? It's like the biggest yearly gathering of classic Mustangs in the world I believe? Maybe someone else can correct me?) are usually in decent weather. Like Troy said, the Portland Swap Meet is huge too.

Plus, if you move here, you can get to know this "special" group of guys. All you have to do is remember not to mention polishing anything, and offer to buy drinks if you want anybody to help you out. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I work in Vancouver it rained on my morning commute to work today. Mostly it's either really nice or really sh*tty.

EDIT: And we don't call it Vancouver either it's Van-Tucky ::

-O67M

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I grew up in Houston. The weather here is like Houston in December or so.

(I remember one Dec 31st where it was 79).

Run away while you can!!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Everyone else has hit it----March through June is hit and miss on the weather, July to October is usually very sunny and nice cruising weather, Mid-October to March is wet, wet wet!!
The car culture around Portland is huge with something to do most every weekend June - September. Swap meets, cruise-ins, races and drags means a little something for everyone.
Keep us informed if this goes through, we could have a welcome to the PNW party!! :)

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
PNW Party
::A Duane party, I sure enjoyed the last one.Hope you want to do it again in April.I liked talkin with all you :p Lush,drunk,staggerian ::,I feel no pain group. :p ;)Let me tell you Greg ,We know how to have fun and enjoy ourselves. :: ::

Troy ::

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
IT'S TOO DAMN HOT HERE!!!!

I moved here a month ago, and I've been sweating my arse off ever since. Left Des Moines thinking I was getting back to the cool, beautiful summers like we had in Alaska, and it's been miserable!!!

WHEN WILL IT RAIN, AND COOL THINGS OFF???

::Ooops. Hope I didn't p*ss off any weather gods. ::

This place beats the he!! out of Texas any day!!! Don't think twice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts