Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I find out what type of hupcaps were on my 66' (standard or the wire), at the moment I have just the black rims.
Also is there some way to find out more information about my car not covered in the door tag.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Unfortunately, we '66 owners can't rely on the now famous Marti Report for lost information. :p Unless you can locate the build sheet, you're pretty much outa luck.

Tell us a little about the car. Is it a 6 cylinder? Could it be a Sprint 200? All of those came with wire spokes. Little facts like that pop up from time to time and may help you narrow your choises down. What about photos from when the car was new? Those are sometimes more reliable than paperwork.

Don't be surprised though if you never find out. Such information is often lost forever.

G

·
0 Posts
I have a set of standard hubcaps off my '65. I doubt your's would be wire unless off a sprint at mentioned. If you need a set of original 65 caps which most likely are the same as the 66 standard caps, let me know.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
66' are alittle different than 65'
The 66' has cut-outs and the 65' is solid
No the car is not a sprint model just a 289 vinyl top, bench seat. So I think I will hunt around for some standard hubcaps
Thanks for the replies. ::

1 - 5 of 5 Posts