Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May 24-26: With NASA Central Region at Heartland Motorsports Park Full race weekend!

June 12-16: 45th Mid America Ford & Shelby Nationals at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit Vintage Exhibition

August 9-11: With NASA Central Region at Heartland Motorsports Park Full race weekend!

October 11-13: Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revival Vintage Exhibition

Mark

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Hallett event is a DE for most participants. HVR and CVAR combine to run an exhibition race on Friday. We qualify on Thursday.

My car is not a Shelby, but it does get flogged!

Mark

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The Hallett event is a DE for most participants. HVR and CVAR combine to run an exhibition race on Friday. We qualify on Thursday.

My car is not a Shelby, but it does get flogged!

Mark
People often walk up and ask me “Is that real?”. I always want to say: nope, it’s a hologram. For me I just like the GT350 stripe, it’s kind of a battle flag the way I see it. So the NASA weekends are a combined deal, Vintage runs and NASA runs their stuff, probably both split track rental kind of thing? I ran NASA SE for a few years but found Vintage Racing was more in line with the crowd I enjoyed racing with; it’s like being 16 all over again.

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
People often walk up and ask me “Is that real?”. I always want to say: nope, it’s a hologram. For me I just like the GT350 stripe, it’s kind of a battle flag the way I see it. So the NASA weekends are a combined deal, Vintage runs and NASA runs their stuff, probably both split track rental kind of thing? I ran NASA SE for a few years but found Vintage Racing was more in line with the crowd I enjoyed racing with; it’s like being 16 all over again.

Yes, we have our own run group(s) as long as we get enough cars in class. They love having us there!

Mark

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I belong to HVR, Heartland Vintage Racing | Classic Sports Car and Trans-Am Road Racing The club kinda died out for a while a few years back and we've been trying to get some steam going again. We have a core group of about 15 drivers at the moment and looking for more. We have a carload of fun and spend almost as much time joking around and fixing cars as actual track time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts