Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I hope someone can help me out with this or head me the in right direction. I have a 1965 Mustang Fastack with a T-5 mounted to a T-5 Bellhousing behind a 289ci small block. I have a CNC master cylinder and a Mcleod internal throwout bearing from modern driveline part #MD-514-1400-30. Ok now that you know what I am working with here is the problem. We have bleed the system a 4 times and we still can't get the hyd throwout bearing to work. We start up the car and can't get it into gear also there doesnt seem to be any pressure on the petal when I try to engage the clutch. We have gone back and checked all the measurements so I know thats not it and we have bleed the system.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Could it just be a bad CNC master cylinder or could the mcleod throwout bearing be bad? Is there anyway to test each one to see if it is bad? I really don't want to have to take this whole thing back apart.

Any help will be great!

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
You have the correct amount of play between the face of the throwout bearing and and the fingers on the pressure plate? Do you have the bleeder line on the throwout bearing coming out the top of the bearing? If not, you can't bleed it.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Have you checked in with Modern Driveline yet?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Ditto on rooeng's post. I spent a good while trying to bleed mine because I didn't take out the pedal stop (the one closer to the driver, upon which the pedal rests when you're not on the clutch). Without getting full "up" travel, it won't bleed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I took the petal stop out and it didn't do any thing. There is no pressure building up. I took the master cylinder out and tried to bleed it that way but the bearing only moved a little. I think there is something wrong with the master cylinder. I am going to send it back to CNC and have it rebuild. Air has to be getting into the system from there. Has anyone had their master cylinder go bad in their set up?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I spent some time trying to bleed mine before I had to move the car to storage and did not get it to work. I did not try the full up position though--hadn't heard about that. Guess when our house/garage renovation is done I will try again starting with getting the pedal full up.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sometimes even that's not enough, depending on how everything is set up and adjusted. You might have to disconnect the pushrod from the pedal and pump it by hand to start the fluid flowing,
then reconnect, adjust the pedal and finish bleeding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts