Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen it on a couple of early cars lately. Usually with the accumulator on the valve cover side. Theres a guy on eBay that makes a mount to flip it..

I'd like the power assist, and want to make the car insanely easy for friends and family to drive it (My mother adores the car).

Trying to find the dimensions at the firewall so I can see how much clearance I have for the Daze clutch master. Also whether or not I can reuse my wildwood master. I know I'd have to change all the hardlines.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I've got the CSRP 6" single diaphragm booster $75 including shipping that does a good job of taking the edge off manual brakes (disk or drum) without being over boosted. I did some serious modifications on the pedal pivot and booster height for autocross, but the small booster was fine for the street and still works great for autocross.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you referring to this gentleman?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/301871370691

If so all the details are in his write up or visit his website.

I doubt you'll be able to use the Wildwood master, I think it will be to long. He recommends a GM master.
That is the chap! I measured elsewhere and it looks like I have 6-1/4in of room before the shock tower with the wilwood master. I think the unit is exactly that! So you're right it may not fit without dimpling the shock tower. I also think it hits the daze clutch master too.. I'll have to hunt down the diameter..

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got the CSRP 6" single diaphragm booster $75 including shipping that does a good job of taking the edge off manual brakes (disk or drum) without being over boosted. I did some serious modifications on the pedal pivot and booster height for autocross, but the small booster was fine for the street and still works great for autocross.
Thats good to know it takes the edge off. I cant remember what you had for clutch actuation, but just looking at the standoff for the booster and sizes, looks like it won't clear the Daze setup or my line lock.. although I can move that if needed!

·
Registered
5,291 Posts

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Thats good to know it takes the edge off. I cant remember what you had for clutch actuation, but just looking at the standoff for the booster and sizes, looks like it won't clear the Daze setup or my line lock.. although I can move that if needed!
I have the MDL setup, picture below from their website. I personally don't plan on running power steering with a pump for much longer.

Attachments

Reactions: Rowdy

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The MDL setup mounts further to the fender wall. The DAZE unit mounts in the original clutch rod hole. Hence the huge lack of clearance. Ohh well! I'll call or email the folks at hydra tech.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts