Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And tomorrow's shaping up to be the same, except for a small morning detour to watch my son fly his new remote control electric park flyer, called a Slo-stick.

I sandblasted the right inner fender (the metal on the other side of the engine compartment), both rear wheelwells and the trunk. In the process, I may have killed the borrowed air compressor (it makes a different pumping noise now). Oh well, I'll just buy him a new one!

I was at it from 9AM to 5:30PM non-stop, with breaks to move the hose to water our lawn.

I need to sandblast some small parts, like the hood & trunk hinge mechanisms, the dash, the hood hold-down mechanism and a couple of connectors that help hold the front bumper in place. Otherwise, I think I'm done with sandblasting!!

I should be able to do all that in a couple of hours, then spray with DP90. Tommorrow will be a long day too, but I'll be "done" with the initial part of paint prep.

Whew!!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Ever notice borrowed stuff ALWAYS craters on you?!?! Borrowed the neighbor's brand new Troy Bilt rototiller a few years back and commenced to seize the engine up! Luckily it was under warranty and not my fault!::

Glad you got some work done. I played with the ground effects kit this afternoon and will hit it again tommorrow...

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dan -

I kinda expected the air compressor to fail, since when I use it, it runs continuously (to keep up with demand). There's no question a larger air compressor would be nice, but it's not required.

I figure if the compressor fails, then I can buy one, fix the borken one and have one of my own in the end. They seem to come in handy...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts