Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posters. On numerous occasions over the last two months, Ive made a deal with someone on this board and the deal has fallen through on their part. What is the deal, if u have something too sell and u agree on a price with someone, then u should go through with it. U shouldnt string it along till a better deal comes through or if u change your mind and dont want to sell the item, be curtious and at least send the person a email. Its getting old!

·
Premium Member
11,701 Posts
Did you do the deal with one of the Forum users, or one of the want-ad-only folk?

Before I did any business out of the want-ads or for-sale ads here I would check the seller's profile to see if they are a regular Forum user or just someone trying to sell stuff for free. If they are the latter I would not be a bit suprised if they did not hold up their end of the deal. If the prior, I would PM them and work it out.

For the most part, the folk here that post on the Forum regularly are a bunch of really good people. I can't speak for the others tho, as I have never dealt with them.

Regardless, posting a nasty-gram in the public forum is not a good mechanism to address your grievances.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
While I agree with Kent in principle, I've been in business long enough to know that what you're experiencing is everyday SOP in the business world.

I bid on a job that 3 or 4 other machine shops bid on, expending time and resources, with only a hope that the bid is accepted. Any deal can be cancelled up to the last minute and the only way to circumvent that is to have a signed contract and be ready to litigate it.

When I sell something, whether it be shop or car related, the first person to send me the money or deposit gets the deal. I tell that to anyone who expresses interest. When I've gone looking for cars, I carry my checkbook and a deposit for purchase book and leave a deposit and get a signed receipt from the seller. If they're not amenable, I move on.

Have you sent money to someone and then have them return it to you, telling you the item sold to someone else? Frustrating, isn't it? It's part of the price we pay for the opportunity to get a good deal on something.

I can't speak to the reps of the folks in the classifieds, but I'm confident I could do business with most anyone here on the main forum with nothing more than a handshake or a promise....the folks here are that good...wish all my customers were..*G*

·
Registered
63 Posts
Before I joined the forum, the only part of the website that I looked at was the parts for sale. I may just have been lucky, but I always got the parts I ordered and paid for. On the selling side of things, I've two people claim that they had sent me money orders for parts. It's a good thing that I don't send parts until the money orders are in my hands, because these money orders never arrived, and I could get no response from the people who ordered the parts. Coincidentally, neither of these guys were forum members.

I agree with kketell - if the people are forum members, they are usually honest, helpful folks, and things can be worked out. Be careful with the others. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts