Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
me too . . . . but I received a similar message from another forum . so it must be larger than just this forum. I suppose the owning company has many sites.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Stupid hackers... Find something productive to do- like restoring cars! People like this deserve an electric chair (hooked up to a dimmer switch)!

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
yup- just changed mine too... with upper case, lower case, symbols, numbers, and hieroglyphics... Pretty sure I'll never remember the damn thing anyway!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I've been an IT guy for over 20 years now... and the hacking has definitely gotten worse over the last few years.

Like it or not.. many of places that we visit have common database back-ends so one hack can affect many, many websites... Once they hack a forum site, they have your email address and potentially your password... Since many people use the name password for several different services, this could give the bad guys access to your email account, banking account.. or whatever. Once they get in and lock you out, it can be difficult to fix the damage in a timely manner.

I suggest an application like KeePass. Its a completely free and ad free password manager. This way you can download it an have a different password for all the websites that you visit... is it annoying to have to go to this extreme? Absolutely. But its better than the alternative and the only password you have to remember is the one to get into KeePass.

Just remember to back up the KeePass database to something other than your home PC.

KeePass Password Safe

-Shannon

·
Registered
20,889 Posts
It's worse on Corral. I couldn't log on, couldn't contact admin. Told me my email was invalid, told me my username wasn't recognized but wouldn't let me re-register with it as they said it was already being used.

Finally I had to change my user name and email along with a different pw. Hackers should be locked up for 30 years without any cyber contact if you ask me. Enough is enough

·
Registered
86 Posts
Stupid hackers... Find something productive to do- like restoring cars! People like this deserve an electric chair (hooked up to a dimmer switch)!
LOL that's funny! At my office we were just talking about the invention of the electric chair by Edison and how it didn't work very well during its first real demo with a death sentance prisoner, he burnt to death instead of being shocked to death.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
i dont understand all the hacking. if someone has my PW for VMF what are they going to do with it, post for me?

they can have it for all i care. and how am i supposed to come up with, satisfy and remember this ****.

Edit Password (Optional)
New Password:

Must be at least 10 characters
Must contain lower-case characters
Must contain upper-case characters
Must contain numbers
Must contain symbols

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
What was annoying was the email I got did not even explain why they changed my password. I was left wondering if I was hacked. I see they increased the password strength requirements and if that's why then the email should have at least explained that reason

·
Registered
39 Posts
i dont understand all the hacking. if someone has my PW for VMF what are they going to do with it, post for me?

they can have it for all i care. and how am i supposed to come up with, satisfy and remember this ****.

Edit Password (Optional)
New Password:

Must be at least 10 characters
Must contain lower-case characters
Must contain upper-case characters
Must contain numbers
Must contain symbols

It's easy... You make a sentence and use the initials of it. Like this:

I hate when one douchebag makes me change passwords!

Becomes

Ihw1dmmcp!

That's easy to remember...

And I also suggest using a different level of password for similar/different items. If you want ONE password - then use the same thing across all forums, but make sure your banks and more secure things have a different one, and eMail passwords should never match anything else. Only three to remember.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
if someone has my PW for VMF what are they going to do with it, post for me?

If they get your VMF password they can find out more info about you and just knowing your VMF password in one step closer to having access to other things since a lot of people use the same password for everything.

I cannot remember my passwords either so I write them down and keep it secure at home. Or just put it in a text document on my personal computer. Never keep them in email, if someone hacks your email and reads that one its not good.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
I've been an IT guy for over 20 years now... and the hacking has definitely gotten worse over the last few years.

Like it or not.. many of places that we visit have common database back-ends so one hack can affect many, many websites... Once they hack a forum site, they have your email address and potentially your password... Since many people use the name password for several different services, this could give the bad guys access to your email account, banking account.. or whatever. Once they get in and lock you out, it can be difficult to fix the damage in a timely manner.

I suggest an application like KeePass. Its a completely free and ad free password manager. This way you can download it an have a different password for all the websites that you visit... is it annoying to have to go to this extreme? Absolutely. But its better than the alternative and the only password you have to remember is the one to get into KeePass.

Just remember to back up the KeePass database to something other than your home PC.

KeePass Password Safe

-Shannon
I was wondering... because I've never given anything more than my name and birthday on forums. My email and all my personal stuff have different passwords.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts

KeePass Password Safe

-Shannon
I have been using KeePass for years. I save it in my Google drive so I can access from any of my devices. Now, I only have to REMEMBER 1 password, well 2 if I need to access my Google account.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts