Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I want to thank the guys that responded to my post a couple days ago about the '99 GT for $11,500. I ran a carfax check on it and found that it didn't have a salvage title although it did have a damage disclosure. The damage was to the right fender and headlight. The seller had already replaced both and it looks good. I was suspicious because of the low price but a friend and I looked the car over real close and everything looked good. We both drove it and as he said it drove like it was on rails. Plenty of power too. It even felt nice and tight when I got it up to 100 mph on my long drive home. I think I got a real bargain because it's a 99 gt and has all the options including automatic and leather. It only has 30,500 miles on it. What do you guys think? Thanks to everybody who gave me advice on the previous post. Oh yeah, after I bought the car and was taking my friend out to dinner we stopped at a stopsign and there was a beautiful red '65 gt fastback sitting in a lot. I looked hard but there was no for sale sign on it. I should have stopped anyway. I should have tried to trade the car I had just bought straight across. My friend said that if it was for sale that he bets it was for more than $11,500. I said if it wasn't I'd grab that one too, in a hurry. Have a good day guys.
Bob

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I had the same chance on a 1993 Mustang GT (with 5.0 HO... yum) for $8,500 but my insurance would have gone up like 300 bucks a year and same with registration. It's cheaper to have a classic... And besides, everybody has new Mustangs. =)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree about everybody having the new ones but this will be a great car while I get my classic the way I want it. This way I have a new one and an old one. And I got it at a great price. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply, Josh. It's nice to get positive feedback. This car will be good until I get my '65 fastback back on the road.
Have a good day.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm curious, do you know how much horsepower a '93 5.0 HO puts out? I was wondering because I bought one a few months ago out of a Mustang and was wondering how it would do. I'm hoping to figure out how to put it into my '65 fastback. It has all the fuel injection and wiring harness stuff plus air condition pump and power steering pump. The guy said it only had 32,000 miles on it. I think I got a good deal on that at $800. If you know the horsepower I'd appreciate a response. Also, do you know how much horsepower a regular 5.0 puts out?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Sounds like you definitely got a good deal... computer too??

Tom Kubler, Long-time Mustang Enthusiast & San Antonio Mustang Club Founder

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, it came with the computer also. I snagged that deal in a hurry before somebody beat me to it. The mustang it came out of had a standard transmission. I'm hoping to put an AOD into my '65 with the 5.0. He thought that I'd need a different computer to go with the automatic. Does that sound right? Now I just need to find the time to get to work on the mustang.
Have a great weekend, Tom.

Bob

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
The different computer has some provisions for the AOD shift point and converter lock-up control logic the Manual computer doesn't. YOU WERE A BANDIT! : )

Tom Kubler, Long-time Mustang Enthusiast & San Antonio Mustang Club Founder

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to plan on getting another computer when the time comes. Trust me, I'm a long ways off from needing it right now. :( I appreciate you confirming this for me.
Have a great day, Tom.
Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts