Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8 years of ownership, 5 years of repairs, $85k worth of garage building and construction, and $40k worth of car repairs and maintenance, I finally did it!

I finally won a first prize at a real car show...our local Mustang Clubs Fabulous Fords and Truck Show. Judging was done by non-club members, and I creamed the competition!

Was it worth it? You betcha! Woohoo!

http://midlife66.com/miscfiles/1stplace.jpg

·
Registered
164 Posts
Congratulations. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Well I guess you blew the doors off of the competition! ;)

Job well done, congrats.

·
Registered
713 Posts
If spending a 125 thousand was your goal to win a plastic trophy worth about 10 bucks, then you have achieved your goal.
Dumb ass. ;)

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Always good to win one while having fun also.

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Gingerstang said:
If spending a 125 thousand was your goal to win a plastic trophy worth about 10 bucks, then you have achieved your goal.
Dumb ass. ;)

Lighten up Gingerstang. Randy, that is very cool. I look at it as winning such a trophy reflects on your desire and ability to restore a vintage car. And if that is important to you, no matter what it costs, then I am 1 million % behind it.

Go girl friend :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Randy, your Mustang is beautiful!.... :thumbup: :thumbup: ..... I won't even clutter up this post by cracking on you.... ;)

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Great Job Randy but I have to know something. Did you put the curse of MIDLIFE on all your competition?

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Who says you can't buy 1st place!
The American way!

Way to go Buddy!

·
Premium Member
19,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gingerstang said:
Dumb ass. ;)
My comments on the costs restoring the car were surely sprinkled heavily with sarcasm.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,213 Posts
Congrats indeed.
But I somehow can't get used to the idea that you have an actual functioning car, much less are entering shows. Still seems like you should be hunting a decent door or a painter without too many loose screws. :p

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
Congrats, Sweetie! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Congrats Randy! Well deserved for the amount of time and anguish you've put in and suffered. Look forward to seeing it in person someday.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Congrats, good job

1 - 20 of 89 Posts