Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By no means am I a mechanic so just over a month ago I asked for advise on changing my 289 C-code to a Edelbrock 1406 carb and 2121 intake. I received many replies that were encouraging and helpful. This last weekend was when I decided to start this project. I also decided to repaint the engine bay and install a new 4 row radiator. I finished the repaint and installations on Monday night and it looks great but somehow forgot to buy a longer fuel line. Yesterday I hooked up the new fuel line, then the moment of truth... "will I get it to start??? will my car ever run right again??? did I forget anything???" Anyway, after a few turns it fired right up, no problems, I adjusted the idle, checked for leaks and set the timing. I am VERY pleased with the performance improvement. Thanks again VMF for all your help. I actually had one minor problem and some advise for those of you going from a 2 row radiator to a 4 row. At idle the fan on either the 1 1/2 inch and the 1 3/4 inch fan spacer seem to fit in the fan shroud just fine. But under heavy acceleration the 1 1/2 inch fits better. If you value your new $50 fan shroud I would recommend the 1 1/2 inch spacer (ask me how I know:).

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Pics! We expect pics man! We want to seee the fruits of your labor. Hurry now...

Shannon a.k.a. The ShanMan! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
66' Vintage Burgundy C-code, coupe
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1571656&a=11943851&p=42935059&Sequence=2.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts