Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so yesterday my mom gets a call from insurance company about my accident, which some of you know occured last november. Well, turns out, the body shop who so horribly screwed us over (had car for 3 months for a 2 week job, lost half the parts, did only half the work, and so on), is now turning in a supplemental bill (now remember my car has been out of the shop for around 6 months now (and is still not finished)), and are adding on around another $900 to their first estimate!!! The worst part of this? They now want around $300 from us!! Why? Because their estimate has now exceeded our insurance coverage! How much does our insurance cover us in this situation? $3500!! Somehow, they have come up with a bill for around $3700-$4500, to repair one rear quarter panel and some trunk work!!!
So we are like, sorry you aren't getting any money from us! My dad called the body shop up today asking where they are getting this extra bill from, and they were like, uh well, we had to buy two tail light bezels instead of one, and a bracket, and a rear quarter panel extension...and a couple of other parts. Now, where do you get $900 from this??? I get about $100 at the most!
What I am thinking is that these guys are trying to cover for their stupid mistakes and losses and dishonestly make a few extra bucks. Because they lost parts, I had to buy them (still missing some), which they then had to reimburse us for. Plus, when we got it out of the shop, the trunk wouldnt shut, so dad had to grind and reweld the trunk latch bar (sorry dont know the name /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif) and some other work. Plus there is a 3ft paint run in the driver side door and when they buffed the car, the took all the paint off all the edges, which are all black now! But, its all worth $4000 now isnt it??!!
So now we are just waiting until monday to talk to the manager and will refuse to give them a cent, and still need to get parts back and other things repaired they never finished! 9 months later and the car still isn't complete /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
BTW, if any of you are in the southern calif. area, this shop is "Chaffey Auto Body" Located in Upland. They did excellent work on my mom's caddy before this, but completely screwed us over on my car.
Well, that helped a little letting this all off...thanks for listening/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif ...I just want it all to be over and forgotten /forums/images/icons/frown.gif...

G

·
0 Posts
SUE THEIR RETARDED ASSES in california they are required by law to give you an estament and fallow that,you have to atherize any additional repairs. if you find missing parts that they messed on one then call you insurance and they will have a problem with them too ford body shop in santa clara,ca bay area tried to mess with my friends explorer and got the insurance company to tell them to finish the work or they will take'em to court 2 days later it came back good as new.dont take from rip off auto shops

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
1. Send them a bill for missing parts.
2. Report them to the BBB.
3. Call the state insurance commissioners office and find out if they will do anything for you.
4. If you signed a completed work order when you picked the car up-they are done, tell them to go "pound sand."
5. Tell whomever referred you to these guys not to refer them to anyone else ever again.

Do it, do it in writing. No threats, just followthrough.

J. Boggs

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
In Calif, the BAR, Bureau of Automotive repair, regulates body shops, and shops quite often will see the light when you mention thay you are going to complain to the B-A-R.

·
Registered
422 Posts
J. Boggs has it right, do it soon, while its all still fresh in your head. When something like this happens to me, I usually dont follow through and they get away with ripping me off. Dont let them do this to you, and dont pay them another cent. Good Luck.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
First of all post the name of the body shop so other vmfers avoid it like the plague!!!!

Then march down to the small claims court and file a claim $20 something bucks.....

take pics and take all documentation reciepts estimates....

And get other estimates from other shops.....(if you already did take them with you to court)

take pics of your car before and after their work.

and contact the BBB

good luck buddy and lets us know what happens....

crooks!!!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha I did list their name...see:
BTW, if any of you are in the southern calif. area, this shop is "Chaffey Auto Body" Located in Upland
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts