Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a problem with my insurence im not going to school full time and i dont have a job. i have an uncle that can get me into ups but i have to wait 6 months for benefits, i just got a job at a marketing place but i dont know how theyre benefits are. i have until i the end of semptember, then my insurence will run out. i dont know what to do. i think i might have to join the service or something.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Let me get this straight. You are on your dad's health insurance and will no longer be covered after the end of September, right? Why no more coverage? Because of your age? Second, will you be going back to school or looking for a job? Also, is there some health reason you have to have insurance?

·
Registered
313 Posts
And what's wrong with going into the service? (if your young and healthy) It's a great place to get a jump on life's journey

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Well you mean aside from the fact that we are averaging a couple of deaths of our service men and women a day right now? That might tend to make some of us a bit nervous about signing up while President Bush is still on the watch.

JohnHarvey

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
If you're young and have no current health conditions, waiting 6 mos. for benefits is nothing. UPS can be a great employer, not to mention the fact that employment isn't so easy to find these days (young or not).

As for joining the service; I would hope there would be more to your decision than weather or not you are covered by health insurance. Military service can be a life altering experience.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I hear UPS has really good benefits. Unless you have an on-going health problem, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I mean it would really suck if something happened, but most of us go more than a year before seeking medical treatment. (Heck, if you're a guy it could be ten years).

Are you planning on going to school? Maybe you could pick up a few classes to keep the insurance.

I'd just be careful and make sure my jack stands are in good working order before getting under the Stang.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts