Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up. I cut out another floor pan last night. Passenger rear. This one went much quicker than the first. It's slowly dawning on me that I should have done the right thing and removed the seat platform and put in full length pans. But no. I had to do it the funky way. So now I'll be putting in all four separately. Oh well, it's still a great improvement and I'm getting gobs of butt welding experience. Not to mention it's just right for a poor guy like me since I can buy one pan at a time.

66 C-code convertible
66 C-code coupe
65 GTO hardtop
76 Nova hatchback

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I've always wondered if replacing a full length pan if frame sag is going to be a factor. How would one support the car so the new pan isn't welded in with the car in a sag position?

If your welds are good one small section at a time should be just as good.

I prefer smaller sections. If i screw up it affects a maller section and it's easier to rip it all out and start again.

Regards,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

G

·
0 Posts
I am just about to finish up with my passengers side after doing both sides full lenght, the pans are going right back where they are supposed to. However, I've got the engine out, so the weight could make the difference.

67 Coupe Project Car (Did I say project car, I meant Pile of Rust)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts