Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking about these kids who think it's funny to damage other folks property! I came home from church this morning, and love coming down this one street in the neighborhood because there is around 6 Mustangs of various years parked on it. As I passed this newer GT parked on the street, I see a grape fruit laying down on the road next to it split opened. Somebody in the middle of the night had thrown a grape fruit and splattered it on the side of the GT. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif These same group of kids have gone around and knocked over garbage cans, blown up mailboxes, egged cars. One night they went as far and broke out the side windows on any car that was parked on the street.

Now mind you, I live in a fairly decent neighborhood, where problems like this shouldn't happen, at least I would think? Nothing has ever happened to my house or my cars, but I live on the inner side of a cul-de-sac (spelling?), so I'm sure it would be a little harder for them to make a speedy get away. I've even gone out at 2:am in the morning and driven the neighborhood to try and catch these thugs, and almost did one time, but unfortunately I was on my 21 speed mountain bike that time, and couldn't catch up enough to get a license #. Did notice it was a Ricer that had been lowered. As much as I hate speed bumps, I see this possibly as the only deterrent to possibly get rid of these kids. Another neighbor and I tried promoting a Neighborhood watch program, but it didn't draw much interest even though this stuff was happening to a lot of the neighbors. I guess it didn't go well with there uppity life style or something. The one neighbor that was trying to help with the watch program, finally got fed up and moved last winter.

I feel like using my 4x4 to crush every ricer I see in the neighborhood after hours from now on. O'well, just had to blow off some steam,

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
I'm with you, just let me know when and where...I'm ready to go waiting for the green light.

http://users.zoominternet.net/~dodgeram/images/why2.jpg

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
A few weeks ago when my car got 'tagged', in the middle of the afternoon mind you, I was in the shower when the alarm went off. My roommate told me he didn't want to get out of the shower for fear of what I would have done this kid. Its not nice to say but some of these kids need to be beaten severly then brought home to mom and dad so they can see what their kids are doing. The current justice system doesn't do anything to these kids and they know it.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
stake them out... when you catch them hold em down and give them the option of going to jail or you beating the SHI.. out of them /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
My car got egged once by some neighborhood kids who didn't like the fact that an outsider was dating a girl from their 'hood. I chased them down, but since they scattered I only had a heart-to-heart with the one that I took out at the knees with a well-thrown crowbar. Still, I'm pretty sure he shared the message with the others because my car was never bothered again.

Of course, I was 17 at the time and still on the high school track squad. 32 years later probably calls for a new tactic! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Seriously, it might be worth a call to the local police chief to see what can be done. The cops will often get creative, if they know the neighborhood is behind them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's upsetting to see the jealousy, disrespect for others' property, and just plain meanness of some people. It seems to be worse with the youngest generaton. My teenager has had numerous incidents of vandalism on our stang; we've had to go with a locking gas cap, locked hood, etc. Almost makes you want to hide in the bushes with a Winchester pump....

·
4,128 Posts
I have always wanted to have a law creating open season on "taggers". Simply put all that would have to be done is video tape the tagger in action, then you would be allowed to shoot them http://www.plauder-smilies.de/rough/awm2.gif Then with the tape and body tied down on the hood http://www.plauder-smilies.de/naughty.gif of your car just go to the nearest police station to collect your reward. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/rofl.gif I sure bet that tagging would come to a quick end. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/biglaugh.gif fd

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
They drive, but they still get kicks out of little 10 year old stunts like that? I would assume they would be on their bikes or jumping fences trying to get to the closest ones backyard to hide. That's sad that there are kids over 16, legal driving age, going into other people's neighborhoods to mess around. My guess is they live fairly close or they know people, probably other kids around there. As for a solution, speed bumps would be good if you could get the city to do it. How about inventing some kind of remote activated nail strip, like on COPS, that shoots out of a curb or a box near the curb on each end of the street. Come on, I saw the pictures of that sand blasting cabinet you built .. you could do it.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nail Strips? Sure...I can see that going over well with the neighbors! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif How about just building a rocket powered grappling gun on each street corner, and stop them in their tracks as they try to get away! *LOL*

Seriously, something needs to be done, but if the neighbors aren't wanting to put forth any effort, I probably won't either since this hasn't affected me yet, and probably won't since my home is at the end of a cul-de-sac.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I would suggest a time-lapse recorder with a camera positioned to view the street area where this crap occurs. Make sure the lense allows you to get a decent shot.Heck if you set it up right you can read license plates. If the lighting is good , you'll be able to get a good shot. If not there are infared enhancers available that will light up the area for the camera, however you''ll not be able to se the light yoursel. If you need to go that way you must be sure that the camera will "see" the wave length of the light that the enhacer produces. CCTV has come along way. There is very little that you cannot do.
I set this up whenever ther is a rash of mailbox baseball in our area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts