Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm celebrating my 14th wedding anniversary today. i hear so many comments, many i'm sure are in jest, about swmbo's who give them a hard time about working on and spending mustang on their mustang. i have to brag...mine actually encouraged me to get my convertible, and insists that i have to work quickly so that it will be finished in time for our 20th high school reunion, which is a year and a half away.

this morning i joked that we'll spend all this time and money getting it ready, and we'll drive up and everyone will be inside. if that happens, she says, she'll run in, pull the fire alarm, we'll drive around the block, and pull back up when everyone is standing outside. what a woman! i feel lucky to have her.

·
Vendor
1966 coupe and 1970 sportsroof
5,336 Posts
Cool! I'm close to 3 years with my SWMBO. I'm lucky like you, she let's me spend tons of time and money on the car...

Well, we don't have kids yet, when we do I'm sure it'll change... That's ok though!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I know what you mean. We just had our 22nd anniversary in July. SWMBO has her own Mustang, I have mine, the Cougar project is unfolding slowly in the garage, and she has agreed to my plan to by a 2005 Mustang convertible as soon as they are available. Plus, she brings me coffee in bed every workday morning and also on golf mornings! What more could I ask?

G

·
0 Posts
You guys sure have something to be proud of! I've been 5 years with mine, soon to be forever /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Mine complains when I don't go racing & I don't play with the cars... she loves them all. A good woman is hard to find, a gearhead woman with a great job is worth a LOT more!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
We celebrated our 16th last week. When I told my wife that our friend was selling his Shelby, she said "then we have to buy it!". She just went out and ordered a 2003 Mach I and plans on keeping her 96 vert to drive on sunny days. She approved of the house plans for our new house, 3 car attached, 2 in the basement and a 4 car detached. You guys have it good, but I've got one I'm gonna keep forever! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
It seems many of us are lucky. I've been married 22 years, and it was SWMBO who talked me into getting my first Mustang, and it was her that talked me into building another after my first one was stolen.

She has made at least an appearance at every show I've ever been in, and goes on almost every cruise that I do, even though she'd prefer to be in her 4-runner with A/C *LOL*.

G

·
0 Posts
You guys are very lucky to have wives like that, do any of them have sisters in Ga.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts