Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel so bad for you guys. It must be close to time to put the car away for the winter if you havent already. It must suck not being able to drive it from now until at least march, maybe april. I'm so glad I live out here most of the time.

Travis

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yea it sucks.
I started the storage stuff today, removed tires/wheels.
Cleaned out the interior, removed carpet (just in case).
put it in the garage.
Now I wait for nice sunny days.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Got to do the same. Why remove the carpet? For moisture/rust prevention? Do you run the engine dry? Do anything special with the oil, radiator, other fluids?

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
136 Posts
Actually, the winter is EASIER! This is the first summer in years I haven't had either and old mustang or cougar to enjoy and it's been driving me(so to speak) crazy! Thank god, the cravings are starting to fade:)

·
Registered
371 Posts
I removed my carpet, because I could never get the front windshield
sealed properly, always leaked. So yes rust/mildew /moisture prevention.
I don't do anything special with the fluids in the car. I do
change the oil, put fresh stuff in there.
I topped off the gas tank.
I will probably pull my stereo/speakers/woofers out.
Other than that, I don't think I will do anything else.
Except for the winter project stuff.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hey, I wanted to tell you It was nice meeting you and your wife this last summer when we were at Walmart.
My car believe it or not is still in the painters shop, I finaly gave him an ultimatum, told him it had to be done by march 1 next yr as i need it for the trip to naseville, he says oh' that will be no problem I'll have it done by Nov ! Yea Right ! So maybe just maybe I'll be going to Naseville this spring .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts