Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess Im going to go with the Ravin' Mufflers from Midas. They sound almost exactly like 40 series flowmasters at idle, but are very loud when you romp on the throttle. I think they sound really good. Should be cool with Headers, X-Pipe and Side exhaust. The trial stang only has manifolds and a crossover pipe comming out the rear on a 289. You can hear the sound bit here:
http://www.mustangmonthly.com/editorial/article.jsp?viewtype=audio&id=30960

Please tell me what you think!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Same mufflers my son has on his 67. With the 302 they sounded great, but we've been doing an '89 5.0 (FI) into his car so I'm sure the sound will change (built 5.0 vs stock 302.)

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you don't mind me asking, how much are they a peice? Mida's was closed today, and I can't find a price anywhere!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Just tryed my son's cell phone, think he already went to bed (he is the GM of a restaurant and has to get up early.) Will check with him tomorrow, but you will probably have the answer by then.

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for trying. I just hope they don't cost as much as flowmasters!

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't let a grease monkey from Midas look at my Mustangs, let alone touch one.

I did let them touch my Bronco once ... but only once. After they charged me $750, I had to replace everything they did 6 months later, even though they had the "life-time warranty". The warranty apparently is only good if you let them do another $750 worth of work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts