Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but when I work on it I will be able too heat things up. Its a smaller ceiling unit that is only 30,000 btu and it takes longer too heat the 3 car garage up but it doesnt throw alot of moisture out and the cars arent dripping wet from heating up so fast. Thanks, had too vent, this was a long time coming.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I used some heavy gage plastic and made a smaller work area in my garage this year, I overlapped about 5` to make a slip through doorway. It's easy to heat to a comfortable working temperature with one (or 2 when it's REAL cold) electric heaters. Side benefit is it keeps the "debris" off the other cars :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1965 Coupe
2,743 Posts
Is it like this?
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml

I just bought one for myself and another for my parents house. We both plan on running them to about 50 deg though the winter. The other benefit of a 'smaller' unit is there should be a more even ditribution of heat. (so I understand)

Congrats!

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have the same problem. My garage is a 3 car and I have a 45,000 Btu and it doesn't heat up fast enough. Are your doors insulated? Mine aren't I am going to change that. That will make a big differance.
Just my 2 cents.
Tom

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
I think it is the opposite of what you guys call Air Conditioners!!! What in the hell would anyone want to make the air cold for? it doesn't get nearly that hot here.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Congrats on your new garage heater, is there room for a ceiling fan? Since you are in Northern MN, I can relate! http://webpages.charter.net/tjfastback66/66%20afpt2.jpg

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
What's a heater ? Ive never heard of a heater , what the heck does one need with a/it ? ::

:peeping:
Having one tomorrow would be good. If it's cold in Dade/Broward, it sure is hell is where you're at. Talked to a buddy who it in Ocala and he says it's cold and going to high 20's No Silver Springs for me! Had thought of driving up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts