Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been waiting on a order for over a month. I realize there is the whole COVID thing, but no way to reach them to cancel my order.

Perhaps they are on the verge of collapse? While many love NPD, it would be a shame if the number of large vendors shrank.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Is CY the Chinese take on CJ? ;)

Call EARLY in the morning and request a call back. That has been the only luck I have had getting a hold of them in a semi-reasonable amount of time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
no ridicule here. That's exactly how companies lose customers. NPD always helps me. NPD even checked into their vendor of wiper motors and when they couldn't give me a good answer gave me the vendor's phone number. And then the vendor was even helpful.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,354 Posts
It's not just them. I ordered a generator part from an online camping supply place about three weeks ago. It disappeared into a dark abyss. No communication or anything. Even credit card company hasn't been able to get a rise out of them. Gave up and ordered the parts elsewhere that was much higher and had it in two days.
Had to buy another associated part from yet another vendor. This one has been very slow so far but they do have a disclaimer up saying that they are understaffed and doing the best they can.
So it seems for many places it's just business as usual and for other armageddon is upon us. Or something. Wish we could tell up front. At least with local businesses they have signs or stuff.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I messed up an NPD order last week and ordered the wrong part. I called up NPD the next day when I realized it. They caught the order before it was shipped, replaced it with the correct part for me and didn't charge me the $6 difference. Who can complain?

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Who needs that kind of pressure. :LOL:
Hard to tell? Would a bigger presence in the market be detrimental? Enthusiast, vs flippers returning 80% of what they order. Mongo confused? Thats Mongo Indiana.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I ordered a rear valance two weeks ago. It was supposed to be dropped shipped. I ordered thru Summit. It was on back order, but no one contacted me. I had to cancel, and order thru a third vendor, as even Scott Drake(2nd vendor) was on back order. Still waiting on the more expensive part to arrive. I want to add dual exhaust, but need this valance to do it correctly.

·
Registered
1966 Mustang Convertible
26 Posts
I’ve only owned my Mustang for three weeks, but I’ve already ordered parts from Virginia Classic Mustang and NPD. I found the service from both to be excellent. I’ve had a number of different old cars over the years and most of the marques only have two or three main parts vendors. Lot of different choices for Mustangs, so I wouldn’t think a company is going to stay around if it continues to offer poor service.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I ordered a rear valance two weeks ago. It was supposed to be dropped shipped. I ordered thru Summit. It was on back order, but no one contacted me. I had to cancel, and order thru a third vendor, as even Scott Drake(2nd vendor) was on back order. Still waiting on the more expensive part to arrive. I want to add dual exhaust, but need this valance to do it correctly.
I have one you can have for free - no backup light cutouts though

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Thanks for the offer...mine arrives today supposedly. Too bad it’s going to rain all week now, so no trailering the car to the exhaust shop, since it doesn’t have glass installed. More delays...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts