Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
35,216 Posts
Thanks for the offer...mine arrives today supposedly. Too bad it’s going to rain all week now, so no trailering the car to the exhaust shop, since it doesn’t have glass installed. More delays...
That'll give you the chance to trial fit and rework the part. You don't think it'll just bolt-on, do you?

·
Registered
97 Posts
It is a hard time to get parts from everyone. Classic industries is way behind along with certain vendors from Atech etc. There are sooooo many Mustang parts vendors, just do some research before hand. Even Larry's t birds has Mustang parts.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
That'll give you the chance to trial fit and rework the part. You don't think it'll just bolt-on, do you?
Yes, I’ll definitely install it. Too bad it only had the single exhaust valence, it fits perfectly. Must be the factory valance. It also has brand new back up lights/housings too!
I’m sure your right about the fitment 22!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had the same problems with them. I sent them a question on a specific part and the response I got back was a link to ALL of the parts , and it took them over 24hours

·
Vendor
3,769 Posts
FWIW, all imported sheet metal comes from Taiwan, and Taiwan has hardly been affected at all by COVID-19.. We've seen no slow-down or delay from our Taiwanese sources and factories at all. Business as usual, just a lot more of it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
After leaving an email message, following several attempts on the phone, they have "magically" filled my order and claim it is going out today. Wonder what would have happened if I had not contacted them first, with a complaint? Anyway, good buy CJ and hello NPD and Summit. Will continue to use CJ's website for part searches.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've been buying from CJ Pony for over a decade with great service. There has been mishaps, but they are quick to correct the issue. I stick with them for the prices.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been waiting on a order for over a month. I realize there is the whole COVID thing, but no way to reach them to cancel my order.

Perhaps they are on the verge of collapse? While many love NPD, it would be a shame if the number of large vendors shrank.
Give it up. I did. I waited for almost two months for a fairly simple part. Not sure what happened as I have purchased thousands in parts from them as a restorer. But they have blown it with me anyway. I would buy from John's in Houston. They have most the parts and ship right away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Weird, I have been ordering parts for the 65 during this pandemic. I'm not having any problems with CJ, or NPD.

·
Registered
64 1/2 D Code Coupe,
3,310 Posts
I never had any problems with CJPP. I will continue to buy from them, from NPD, Virginia Classic and too bad Mustangs Unlimited went under. They all gave me great service.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I just ordered the glove box "insert" from CJ last night and it shipped today. They had the best shipped price.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
I’ve only owned my Mustang for three weeks, but I’ve already ordered parts from Virginia Classic Mustang and NPD. I found the service from both to be excellent. I’ve had a number of different old cars over the years and most of the marques only have two or three main parts vendors. Lot of different choices for Mustangs, so I wouldn’t think a company is going to stay around if it continues to offer poor service.
Well you learn quickly. NPD and VCM are the best out there.

Reactions: Jagnweiner

·
Registered
111 Posts
While I don’t think CJ’s service is up to par with other vendors I have had success using their callback system. Usually pretty accurate with the estimated time for the callback but it could be 24 hours.

I’ve found Virginia Classic Mustang has the best customer service by far. Great people. Only drawback is they charge for shipping and you don’t know how much it is until it ships. You can request a shipping quote first. With that said their prices are great and even with shipping they are almost always cheaper than the other big players.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Give it up. I did. I waited for almost two months for a fairly simple part. Not sure what happened as I have purchased thousands in parts from them as a restorer. But they have blown it with me anyway. I would buy from John's in Houston. They have most the parts and ship right away.
Thanks for mentioning this, I did not know about John's...

·
Registered
1966 GT Fastback, 289, TKO 5-spd, EFI, 4-discs, TCP coilovers
123 Posts
CY I don't buy parts from them anymore? ;)
I'll stick with the vendor with the lacking website and great customer service. If they would do both they could rule the world!;)
I have had some luck with Summit Racing lately. I needed a custom "conversion" u-joint quickly, which they had in stock, had it overnighted, and it actually arrived early the next afternoon. No Armageddon on this try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been waiting on a order for over a month. I realize there is the whole COVID thing, but no way to reach them to cancel my order.

Perhaps they are on the verge of collapse? While many love NPD, it would be a shame if the number of large vendors shrank.

I have been ordering over 2 years and many$$$. Only one back order and one part that just didn’t work for my application from CJ. Both problems resolved to my satisfaction. (NPD had the same part on back order at that time.) I have also shopped NPD and was satisfied. What does truly amaze me is that I can reliably order parts for a 50 year old car and get them. Let’s not get unrealistic in expectations. My $.02.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have had some luck with Summit Racing lately. I needed a custom "conversion" u-joint quickly, which they had in stock, had it overnighted, and it actually arrived early the next afternoon. No Armageddon on this try.
The only thing about Summit and Jegs is the hold time has been insane during the covid crap, 45min to an hour minimum to get a hold of someone. Jegs would actually give you a busy signal for a long time then after you could finally get through it was 45-60mins.

I never used NPD much because for the longest time you couldn't order online through their site either that or I was too incompetent to figure it out (highly possible), also their descriptions can suck unless its one of the better quality parts then you get a description of the finer points of the part. Its a shame because I really really respect 69bossnine for his tech info and for his customer service displayed on this site, i'd like to find myself using them more.

Mustang Unlimited was my go to place for mainly for the large selection, great website, and free shipping. You guys like to complain about Mustang parts vendors, try Falcons. Most of the sites suck, shipping prices are outrageous, and processing times aren't impressive but it has been a crazy time.

·
Registered
1965 Mustang, 302, C4 and 9 inch
21 Posts
As of today, I have six emails and six VM's into CJ over a 10 day period. The hold time this morning was 1,250 mins. Their call-back system is interesting too - I got a call this morning at 5:30am, PT - but nobody ever came on the call. I get the whole COVID thing but I've got back-ordered items and I want to cancel so I can order from John's or NPD but I worry they will ship the orders when the parts come in. I emailed the CEO and he did not respond.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts