Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Mustang, 302, C4 and 9 inch
21 Posts
UPDATE: CJ Pony called me back - had an informative conversation with Amy. Several issues caused slow or no call-back or email returns. I'll spare you the details - but the poor service issues will be addressed and things should return to normal.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Yes, I walked right into that: CJ. Call back time of over 24 hours, to then be put on hold and dropped. Done. Never again from CJ. Carry on with the merriment and ridicule.
we all make typos, remember that most of dun gragiated frum publick skule :D:D

no ridicule here. That's exactly how companies lose customers. NPD always helps me. NPD even checked into their vendor of wiper motors and when they couldn't give me a good answer gave me the vendor's phone number. And then the vendor was even helpful.
i have never had any complaints when dealing with NPD. even when calling at 3am the people on the phone were great to deal with. and of course rick is a member of a number of these forums, so he kind of watches over us to make sure we are satisfied.

I'll stick with the vendor with the lacking website and great customer service. If they would do both they could rule the world!;)
actually i have had few issues with the website or the online catalogs. perhaps i am a bit more patient than most people though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had ordered a K&N cleaning kit earlier this month and what I was sent was 22 religious sticker cards. WTF! I have tried calling, sent Emails, and the callback thing but who wants to wait 1339 minutes? I have ordered a lot of parts from them in the past with no problems in the past. But why the poor customer service now? Beyond me. I'll just stick with NPD from now on.

·
Registered
1965 Mustang, 302, C4 and 9 inch
21 Posts
I had ordered a K&N cleaning kit earlier this month and what I was sent was 22 religious sticker cards. WTF! I have tried calling, sent Emails, and the callback thing but who wants to wait 1339 minutes? I have ordered a lot of parts from them in the past with no problems in the past. But why the poor customer service now? Beyond me. I'll just stick with NPD from now on.
Try Amy at Ext: 361 - she told me they are slowly building the team and will start getting better at response time. Took me 10 days to get in touch with them - all good now.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm surprised at all of this. I've been using CJ pony parts for 2 years, and I'm in Canada! Apart from the recent month of slow call backs due to COVID, all my orders have been shipped same day, and their cross boarder fees are much lower then others. Maybe I'm just lucky.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
My parts finally arrived today. I placed the order a day or two before Memorial Day. I ordered a backup light kit and they shipped me only one side, as the other was out of stock. Still wonder what would have become of my order if I hadn't contacted them and complained? I haven't spent a huge amount with them, but probably $2,500 or more over a four or five year period, and most of it was smooth. But the recurring out of stock, drop shipped items, has gotten much worse. I too used to wonder what all the harping was about, but I see it now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been buying from CJ Pony for over a decade with great service. There has been mishaps, but they are quick to correct the issue. I stick with them for the prices.
I too have been fine with CJ. Today I spent 27 minutes on hold (what an idiot, right?) with Summit. Couldn't take it any longer and just hung up. Every company has its issues. It's just life. Let's work on our cars.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts