Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The long side on them is about 1.5 inches. The one on the far left has a shadow that doesn't really show the back side. It connects with two skinny runners only. The middle of the backside is basically a "U" shaped void.

Any ideas? They were in a tub of junk in the trunk when I bought the car. (1969 model year)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They couldn't be for the bumper, they're too small and aluminum. I should have put a quarter in the pic for scale I guess.

I'm thinking the right ones could be some type of spacer for trim maybe. Hell if I know.

Thanks though!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
To me, the two on the right look kinda like the little standoff brackets that go on the top part of the door (under the door panel).

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe so Doug, thanks! Would that be for deluxe door panels? Mine were off when I bought the car.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ryan, I think you nailed it on the clip thing on the left.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Just pulled mine off the shelf, I'm sure thats what it is. Those other parts I have no idea. I cant recall seeing them anywhere on mine. Knowing the size of the clip, those brackets are pretty small. I'll be interested to find out what they are.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The two smaller bracket's look like they hold a piece of fabric against the door glass. Should be two bolt holes on the top of each door on the lip about an inch or so below the glass

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I guess I'm not exactly sure what you're saying. I didn't have the pleasure of removing much of the interior. Here's a pic of my passenger side door as bought. I have bolt in glass and deluxe interior. Do these things go inside of the door? Near the front? For the felt/fuzzy strips?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thats it... the picture deceived me, i thought they were bigger. They go on the top part of the door, to hold the top moulding of the door panel on. http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy120/random155/IMG00025-20090717-1218.jpg

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bingo! Thanks for the help once again everyone!

Now, how come I only have 2...hmmm. More stuff on my list to scrounge for now.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
RyanG85 said:
Are those for the standard door panels or deluxe? I dont remember seeing them on mine.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they are for the standard door panels. IIRC, they go under these pieces:

Link

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I honestly don't know. I found some crazy parts in my trunk including a '70 non-console underdash ashtray assembly, intermittent wiper control box, those clips pictured, extra ac control panel, extra interior trim parts and panels, lots of loose hardware and crazy stuff.

The down side is other parts were missing. I suspect the PO sold off the console and door panels and didn't get to putting the standard stuff in.

I know my car came with deluxe door panels because the data plate is still present, matches the VIN, and the door light harness is still there. I still have the woodgrained dash panel stuff and the rim blow wheel. It was never a fold down seat car, that would have been a heart breaker to lose.

I suspect these brackets are for standard interior panels too. I don't remember them on my previous '69 Mach 1.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts