Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... my wife is gonna KILL me!

I have had enough with the Holley. Aside from the poor attention to detail that Holley puts into their products, the damn thing just plain wont run. I had the accelerator pump solved, then Tuesday it started to be unsolved... no reason why. I didnt change anything prior to it going south. I opened it up, cleaned it out (although I found no debris), and adjusted the jets. Same thing. I adjusted the jets 10 times in the last week. Every combination acts exactly the same. I adjusted primaries and secondaries. I was also told by a tech that this particular carb was not designed for a single plane intake. Okay, that makes sense... it ran modestly well with the dual plane with little tuning. I will keep if for another car or truck.

I ordered a Barry Grant Speed Demon 650 with vacuum secondaries and an electric choke (1282010VE) and the appropriate line kit (140020). I should hopefully get this tomorrow. Unfortunately my wife is not going to work tomorrow, so she will be there to accept the shipment. Dead I tell you... DEAD!!

If this doesnt work I am gonna turn my car into paper clips.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
If this doesnt work I am gonna turn my car into paper clips.
Send me some, I've got paper all over my desk. I need paper clips! You'll like the Demon but you'll have to learn the Demon "demons" and get them sorted out too! If you don't care about getting the most out of your car you should have just slapped a Carter, I mean Edelbrock on there :p

·
Registered
566 Posts
I can be there at 5:00 with a trailer to pick it up. :D

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I will be more that happy to give a great speach at your funeral. I will tell about all the neat and nice things and the great guy that you are. I may have to make some stuff up, But that is the beauty of the internet. No one can say otherwise!!! ::

·
Registered
858 Posts
ill take it AND pay for the shipping and any other costs :: i need a weekend cruiser lol, i have my daily cruiser lol

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Jim, sorry to hear about the continuing carb troubles. Let us know how the Demon works out; I have a 750 vacuum secondary Speed Demon waiting to go on my Cleveland when the shop gets it back to me... Good luck

Doug

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I told Jen... she asked how much, but for some odd reason I had forgotten. I dont know, maybe its old age. I doubt I will remember by the time I get home too.

I am going to try for-go the new axles in lieu of the new carburetor. I have a question in to my rear-end builder to see what it would cost to trade my 31 spline traction lock for a 28 spline. Of course, Jen could tell me to just go ahead and get hte axles, which would REALLY rock! We will see.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
One word for you.....

ROSES !!!

At first, she'll think you're about to come clean about having an affair. After she gets past that thought, spending money will be a minor thing.... ::

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Why didn't you have it shipped to your office so she wouldn't have to know about it? Come home from the office, put the new carb on and act like your adjusting the old one! ;)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Tell that to my wife who found $1700 worth of PC gear. She has since sold both CPUs at no loss, but still!

SWMBOOSWCMNO = She Who Must Be Obeyed Or She Will Cut My Nxxx Off.

I better finish the dog house as I'll have to sleep in it for a while!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Thats nothin, yesterday I ordered a set of dove tunnelport fe heads I just hope my wife is out the day they arrive.......

G

·
0 Posts
Put my name in the hat for the drawing also. The rest of you out there don't have to worry either i never win anything.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
I have had enough with the Holley.

What list #?

I accept donations of unloved Holley's *G* I build my own version of BG's carbs out of them...

·
Registered
873 Posts
I can make it run :). I'll take it off your hands....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts