Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Digital camera. I've been looking for one for a while and had a Scuba vacation coming up. Its an Olympus Camedia C-4000. Pretty nice. I got this one since I can get an inexpensive underwater housing.

To keep this on-topic. Here is my '66 Mustang in the process of restoration. This is the only overview of the car you will get to see until it looks good. Currently its really too ugly to photograph. It looks worse that it shows in the photo. There are three layers of paint so it has to come down to bare metal. Its really slow going.

http://home1.gte.net/web105k5/olympus_small.jpg

·
Administrator
19,311 Posts
I bought a cheapo camera, just because I couldn't resist the price. I've found it of limited use. One cool thing is since the pictures are fairly low quality my Mustang looks a lot better than it really is. If you ever decide to auction your car, let me know and I'll let you borrow my camera. Yours works entirely too well. Look at those rust spots! Just kidding, the car looks great to me. I like to see raw material and yours looks to have all kinds of solid potential. It looks better than what I started with and I like my car just fine.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks on the windshield compliment. It took hours of polishing to get it that clean. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

There is some rust on the car, but its under control. The rear quarters were patched including the outer fender well and trunk drop off. I only took off 6 inches. The cowl hats were just at the point of leaking. The driver's side didn't leak, but the passengers side had a couple of pin holes. I elected to put in the plastic hats just so I could cut out the metal hats and coat with Corroless. You can't get a brush in unless you remove the hats. A little surface rust under the roof, also coated, and thats it. Of course in a few years something will pop up.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Congrats on the new camera, hope you have better luck with yours than I have with mine. I seem to go through batteries like there is no tomorrow. Love the camera, hate the rising battery bills....lol

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kalincloyd

The camera comes with disposable lithium but accepts AA sized NiMH rechargables. All of my dive equipment also can use the same batteries. I have 16 cells and a one hour charger. No problem. A charger and 4 batteries is not much more expensive than just one set of lithiums.

I didn't even upwrap the lithium cells.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, unlike your eight wheels drive which sucks power, the cowl induction is actually helpful. Its made of an old dashboard turned upside down. Depending on placement, it can be used for ram air to the engine or as an efficient air conditioner.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I bought a digital camera back in the spring. Now I need a bigger hard drive to hold all the pics /forums/images/icons/smile.gif. You'll Love it! That's how I kept my son up to date on the progress of his 68 Mustang I restored while he was gone to Kuwait.
HE'S COMING HOME TUESDAY!!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I'm going on a dive vacation in two weeks. I'll get instant feedback on the quality of my underwater pictures. The poor film guys have to wait until they get back to find out there was dirt on their lens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts