Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its official. I got to drive a 2005 Mustang GT this morning (even thought it was across a parking lot).

Ford is doing a Media Luncheon today at the Westin Charlotte Hotel. I am the area manager for a parking property management company and we manage the self parking and the hotel's valet parking. When Ford showed up with the 2005, I told my team that I was the only one to drive it. Ford brought out 3 vehicles; the Five Hundred, the Freestyle and a shiney red 2005 Mustang GT ::.

I called my wife and told her we will be purchasing one next year (I have a 1966 and I want to add a 2006 to the stable).

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
great I have a question, have you driven a 01-04 style musyang and if so how was the comfort and headroom in the 05 in comparison? I was ready to buy an '03 mach 1 till I drove it, even though I still had headroom I felt like I was looking thru the top of the windshield and it just had a cramped feeling to it, even my 5'4" wife said it felt like it needed more height inside.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was actually a lot of room. I am 6' tall and the '01 was tight, especially the shifter location. This car felt much more ergonomic and comfortable.

It was fun. Now, when the event is over, I plan to bribe the guys from Ford to see if they will let me drive it. :eek:

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm 5'7" and I feel quite comfortable in my 03 Mach1. The electric seat adjusts to most any height, so it should be no problem for big guys.

·
Registered
230 Posts
How's the shifter location in the mustang? In my 02 I could barely reach the shifter. I'm 5'8", but when sitting comfortably the ends of my fingers were still about 4" away from the radio controls.

Is it any different in the 05?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Five Hundred (Limited) was very roomy - though I thought the seats were a little hard. Huge trunk - they had 4 golf bags in it and 2 suit cases. Kevin Kennedy said that 8 golf bags can fit easily. I like the car, as it has a ton of room for my growing family.

The 500 looks a like a cross from the Chrysler 300 and a Mercedes E class. My only personal draw back are the seats are hard and there are no plans for a v8 - just the V6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts