Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never been the world's biggest fan of 5.0 Mustangs; I guess I never really liked the looks, and at one point, I decided that if I wanted one, it would be a coupe. Well, that idea just got file-13'ed. :lol: My cousin bought an 88 hatchback the other day and we've taken it for a couple test drives. This thing is kind of a piece of junk; whoever put a V8 in it did it badly and it's got some serious issues. Plus, it's got Flowmasters. :puke:

But, it's got a cam in it so the slowmasters don't sound bad at all, and it's an absolute blast.

I've driven my buddy's 97 V6 and absolutely hated it, so I guess I'm a 5.0 guy after all. :lol:

I guess it's time to get this stupid grin off my face and get my car put back together so I can have some loud, cammed up stupidity for myself. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
767 Posts
I bought a pretty thrashed $800 90 5.0 to use for parts for my classics. Driving it the 40 miles from where I bought it to my shop was a blast. I put 40 miles on the front tires and 45 miles or more on the rears... :)

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
They're fun little cars. I bought a brand new GT back in 91 and had a ball with it. One of my daily drivers now is a 95 cobra with the 5.0 and I like it even more than the 91. Gotta have the 5 speed though, an automatic just wouldn't be nearly as fun.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Yep, great car, lots of aftermarket performace parts too. Had a 79 Pace Car, 84 1/2 20th Anniverary vert and 87 Saleen vert before and enjoyed them all, but keep going back to the vintage Stangs.

By the way, Happy Birthdy!

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
I love my car, its great.
Whats wrong with flowmasters? They sound great..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts