Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I snap that spark plug. no biggie, the rest came out. Then I was taking a couple packages to Fedex (pedals for bosscars and a distributor for nosaj). I came out, turned the key, and heard what sounded like the bendix shooting off the starter. Starter is dead. Brand new starter by the way.

Had to have it towed, which was okay. My tow truck driver used to run circle track cars, so we got to shoot the breeze.

Oh well... if its not one thing...

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Those kind of days never happen around here ::. *LOL*

Sorry about the misfortunes. Sounds like me a few weeks ago after having my daughter's car towed home. The tow truck driver stayed at my house talking for an hour :D I thought he'd never leave, but he was a pretty cool guy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's the little things like that that make owning a classic car an adventure...

Hope you had fun with installing a starter, just don't drop them on your foot, it really hurts (trust me).

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Hey Quit your whinning, just think if your were Dodgestang or Johnpro now they have earned the right to whin rest of year if they so choose.

Mark

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Sounds like you caught the Curse of Midlife...You are forever doomed now.

Slade

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No. The curse can be lifted by killing the carrier of said curse. Hmm... I think I need to send Mid a tainted bottle of YJ.

·
Registered
446 Posts
sorry to hear that. I have been towed a total of 3 times on the hook, and 1 on a flatbed. The first time was a total of about 1 hour and a half from home. But the driver owned a 69 mach 1, a 67 GT 350, and another classic mustang. The others just thought it was a cool car. ::

1 - 14 of 14 Posts