Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bear with me for a sec and let me rant. For the past month I have been getting parking tickets whenever I go over to see my girlfriend at her college. The parking lot is a faculty lot, and by the time I get there most of the faculty has gone home so empty spaces are everywhere. I have never seen another car in that lot have a ticket under its wiper, only mine. I figured maybe the ticket writer had something against classic mustangs, so I drove my 5.0 over there this past Wednesday, but when I came out there was a ticket waiting on me. So after that I jokingly told my room mate that maybe this guy just hated Mustang drivers in general. Well tonight when I came out in the parking lot, I finally laid eyes on the parking lot security guy who had been doing all this. He was actually standing by my car and in the process of writing me another one. Parked behind him was his bright yellow camaro with drag wheels, big exhaust pipes, a tach bolted to the hood in front of the drivers seat, you name it and it was on there. I guess this guy really did hate Mustangs. Maybe it wasn't the best thing to do, but I lost my temper, walked right past the guy, opened my car door and got the other 4 tickets he had written me, walked over to his POS and put them under his wiper, got in my car and drive off. After doing that the guy will probably have the tow truck waiting on me every time I show up, but maybe I'll get lucky and he'll leave me alone now. Anyways, sorry but I had to rant somewhere.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The worst problems I have are with people that drive old Chevy trucks. I've had beer bottles thrown at my car on a couple of occasions by drunks in old smoking rusted, primer pickups.

You can see my 65 fastback at: http://hottarod.stangnet.com/
http://members.aol.com/macstang/Gifs/macstang3.jpg

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My brother is the same way he will not ever buy a ford so he says but he always wants to drive my stang,Lincoln and F150. He always says Why would i buy a ford and he gives me the classic "Fix Or Repair Daily". This is coming from a guy who drives a Fiero!!!!!! The Biggest POS in the world, and this is his third one!!!!!!!! He has more Problems with that Basket case than I have with all my cars put together, And this thing is about impossible to work on. I'm not really picky when it comes to the Make of a car but I know when i should keep my mouth shut. He's my brother and everything but.........I'll keep trying to convert him. I always get the last laugh when He calls me to pick him up on the side of the road........LOL

AKA "Fastbackpimp"
http://hometown.aol.com//dasbus73/Index.html
[color:blue]VMF Member Since Nov. 99</font color=blue>
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1590185&a=12106882&p=43855504.jpg

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Bottom line is that you'll find jerks behind the wheel of almost anything. In general, I find that people that restore and adore old cars are pretty nice no matter what brand they're in.

Ronny
68 Fastback, 66 Coupe, 64 Ranchero
Mustang Owner's Club of Austin, TX

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds too me like you cant follow directions. I guess you can't expect much from someone who drives not only one butt two Mustangs. Please, get a Camero. I wood love too see that security gaurds Camero.

Chevy_Lover
I hate all Fords especially Mustangs

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
SLOMARO, dumass!

Someone please buy my Ski Doo!
68 fastback, 390 4V premium fuel
80 5.0 hatch, just finished
91 5.0 coupe, daily driver
84 RamCharger 4x4 extreme mudsliger and winter junker

·
Registered
664 Posts
I must admit I used to own a Camaro (hey I was 19, too young to know better and too dumb to care) and it was indeed a pretty fast car for what I had in it, but I soon grew tired of spending every weekend and every dollar I had to fix it, so I sold it and got a real car. BTW Chevy_Lover, get your spell check fixed. (CAMARO) definition: A place in which to throw away your money.

Every day is a holiday if you love your job.

Current projects: 65 Fastback, 68 Coupe Oval Track Racer, 64 Galaxie 500 XL, 54 F-100 Pickup

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds more like a brother-thing than a car-thing (I know, I also have a brother and he'll probably never drive the same brand of car that I drive).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My whole family are Chevy people, and my first car was a 73 Maverick. That showed them. I'll NEVER own a chevy(yuck). C'mon chevy-lover, wanna race?????

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Does the ChevyLover guy have nothing better to do? Is this forum moderated? I'd hate to see us get in a pi**ing match with this jerk, but he does have a forum of his own. Wonder if he would like some of his own medicine?

Ronny
68 Fastback, 66 Coupe, 64 Ranchero
Mustang Owner's Club of Austin, TX

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
I won't reveal who it is, but it isn't Bishir, Teebone, Midlife, or TFOB. The webmaster (Bob) found out, and let a few of us know. He is one of us, and just likes to pull our chains...enjoy the controversy!

http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/platesmall.jpgLet me check your shorts! My multimeter is just a-waiting! Formerly known as Midlife in the old VMF.
King of the Old Farts *struts*

·
Registered
206 Posts
I never ceases to amaze me how far people will take what they see as brand loyalty. The Ford/Chevy fight seems to be the worst to me but I think even the import guys do a lot of this crap (VW vs Honda).

Greg

'69 coupe in the making

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you don't go to that school then don't pay the tickets. The worst they can do is stop you from registering for clases or get your diploma. If you won't be doing those things then they have no way of making you pay.

I don't see the big deal about owning a Camaro. I had a '79 in high school. My girlfriend wants to get a classic one because she sees them at the shows and likes them. At least she's interested in the same hobby as I am.

http://www.hurtle.com/cars/mustang/sig.gif
Please contribute to my Reproduction Parts Rating Site

1 - 16 of 16 Posts