Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I take the 66 pony to have it lined up (after granada brake swap and new tie rods and lca's) and get new tires. Pick out the white letter 225/60/15 white letter's. Dropped it off at 8am. Said it will be ready about 2:30. Okay, call about 3 pm, tires just arrived. Get a call about 4:30 and the tires that were sent over are black wall :: guy ask if that's okay, I said no I want the white letter tires. Will be tomorrow before the pony is ready. It is locked up in their shop on the rack so they will finish it tomorrow. :( I hate it when incompetent warehouse workers cannot even pull the right #'s to deliver! On a different note, it seems the granada discs are dragging a bit when I go to take off. Is there some secret to adjusting the wonderful caliper design that Ford made???

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Sorry to hear. Are those 225's going to fit the front of your car?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
225's on the FRONT of your 66 ??.. its a little bit of trouble getting 225's on the BACK of one without the right backspacing and even fender lip rolling...if you get those 225's on there with no trouble or rubbing, let me know what you did bc i could use that recipe hehe

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may have some minor rubbing on sharp turns. The chart says this should work. The rims are off a 92 ranger 4x4 so they sit alot deeper than regular stuff from what I was eyeballing, but I am surely no expert. They will be goodyear TA's whiteletter so I will post a pic this evening and report for ya'll. ::

·
Registered
566 Posts
if the disk brakes are draging there is a problem in the system some place. Here are the thing I can think of off the top of my head.
1) calipers are sticking
2) bad rubber brake lines keeping pressure on the calipers
3) Master cylinder keeeping pressure on the system

1 - 5 of 5 Posts